Mike Ashley steps up battle with Rangers...

Ashley looks to be moving in to position to invoke the 'deadlock provision'. How petty does the matter need to be before it ascends to a deadlock position?

From the 2012 RIFC prospectus -

" ... The agreement contains deadlock provisions which require deadlock matters to be referred to senior management of the shareholders and then to mediation. If the deadlock matter has not been resolved then SDI has the right to acquire RFCL’s shareholding at a set price (50 per cent. of the profits of Rangers Retail in the previous twelve months). ..."

The club can not be seen to be encouraging Houston and/or SOS, or to be in any way discouraging the fans from buying merchandise from Rangers Retail.

However, if the fans take action on their own it's difficult to see how Ashley could use that against RR. I agree that the fans must be very responsible in their protests.

Ashley looks to be moving in to position to invoke the 'deadlock provision'. How petty does the matter need to be before it ascends to a deadlock position?

Not convinced that is the actual case as they could have done that relatively easily anyway, I think it's just another move on the chessboard.

Strangely enough had they invoked the deadlock clause last year we may well have received royalty payments in excess of the sums we've received from Rangers Retail.

Not convinced that is the actual case as they could have done that relatively easily anyway, I think it's just another move on the chessboard.

Strangely enough had they invoked the deadlock clause last year we may well have received royalty payments in excess of the sums we've received from Rangers Retail.

I agree it's difficult to know Ashley's strategy, however, I get the impression that he wants to severely damage DK for having the temerity to challenge him publicly.

Ashley is definitely the Elephant in the room here, now i have not much experience with Elephants as there weren't many of them around in the Gallowgate or Easterhouse when i was growing up. But as everyone knows there a three things that are to Kryptonite to Elephants Mice, Peanuts and Bananas. Mice terrify them, Peanuts and Bananas are irresistible to them.

Cheap but effective method when dealing with and removing rogue Elephants. in your living room.