Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

That's one

Accrington midfielder Josh Windass agrees personal terms with Rangers

STV

5 January 2016 18:10 GMT

send to friend

Josh Windass is a target for Rangers.

Josh Windass has agreed terms with Rangers.Steve Paston/EMPICS Sport

Accrington Stanley midfielder Josh Windass has agreed personal terms with Rangers, STV has learned.

The 21-year-old, son of former Aberdeen and Hull striker Dean, has already visited Glasgow and is keen on a move to Scotland.

Windass and team-mate Matt Crooks are expected to move to Ibrox this summer should the Scottish Championship side agree training compensation.

The Ibrox club would be required to pay a fee for both players, provided Accrington Stanley have offered the players new deals on the same or better terms than their current contracts.

Clubs must pay compensation for players under the age 23 who move cross-border.

Harry Forrester and goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski have already joined the Light Blues in the January transfer window.

from HITC so pinch of salt

HITC Sport understands League One club are closing in on a deal for forward.

Embed from Getty Images

Barnsley have launched a bid to land Rangers forward Nicky Clark, HITC Sport understands.

Clark currently finds himself on the fringes of the first-team at Ibrox and a number of Scottish Premiership and Championship clubs have shown an interest in landing him this month.

Can they get him?

The 24-year-old's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season and although Rangers are still considering an offer, a move during this window is looking increasingly likely.

Now Clark looks set for a move away from the club and League One Barnsley are confident of pulling of something of a transfer coup by persuading him to make the move to Oakwell.

I know and I sure do not use them as gospel, but as some more reasonable basis of discussion than some "fan-fiction" or "chairman-wanna-hav's". And less than 100k for a English 4th tier player who is out of contract soonish is quite reasonable, IMHO. That it may be much more should someone simply slam 200k on the table or the owning club does not want to sell is obvious.

I fail to see the point of paying any fee for players we don't appear to need now and will be available free at the end of the season.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I fail to see the point of paying any fee for players we don't appear to need now and will be available free at the end of the season.

I was in the same boat as you on this matter until earlier this evening when one of the usual turds on BBC Sportsound raised the point that they may now be frozen out at Accrington and when we get them in June/July will not have played a competitive game in 6 or so months. Apparently this is something the manager there is willing to do, probably a tactic to try get a few more pieces of silver than the compensation they are due at the end of the season. Now I'm unsure.