Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Speak for yourself :D

I certainly speak for myself but I also know you well enough to know a part of your heart still lies in Scotland.

You probably don't miss the liquid sunshine though.:D

I don't care where any new player comes from, or how much they cost.....As long as they do the business on the park. Look at Ceptics last big signing - Sumonovic (??), was it not reported that he cost about £5m??? He's hardly been a massive revelation to the team (when he's actually played).

We have wasted far too much cash over the years on over-rated & over-paid players. We MUST shop smarter and get a lot more "bang for our buck" - that means unearthing unknown players with potential. We develop them into better players then potentially sell them on for a handsome profit. That is the way it has to be - there simply isn't enough money in the Scottish game for it to be any different.

Before we get in medias res again ... folks, if you come back home from work at 1 a.m., walking through the freezing winter night, too tired to switch on your notebook, and then check the latest transfer info via smartphone, it does make you somewhat upset to dig through 3 or 4 pages of hearty banter rather than the odd crump of actual transfer news. We've got a few hundreds threads already on the board, just create another one and banter along there. Cheers!

Rangers targets Josh Windass and Matt Crooks won't make move to Ibrox until start of next season

06:37, 5 Jan 2016 By Keith Jackson

ACCRINGTON Stanley chairman Andy Holt yesterday revealed Rangers had began discussions to secure the two players.

RANGERS have opened signing talks with Accrington Stanley duo Josh Windass and Matt Crooks – but they are not expected to move to Glasgow until the start of next season.

News of the pre-contract discussions was confirmed on Twitter yesterday by the English League Two club’s chairman Andy Holt.

But Record Sport understands Windass and Crooks are not priority targets for Mark Warburton in the current window.

With both players out of contract in the summer, it is likely they’ll remain down south for the rest of the season before beginning their careers in Glasgow.

The Ibrox club will have to stump up compensation for midfielder Windass and defender Crooks, who are products of Stanley’s youth system.

But Warburton remains hopeful of doing at least one big winter deal after sealing short-term contracts for Harry Forrester and keeper Maciej Gostomski.

A source said: “The two lads from Accrington are more signings for the longer term as opposed to the ongoing promotion campaign. It is likely they won’t even come to Glasgow until the summer.

“But Warburton needs some experienced reinforcements for the second half of the season and that’s his priority at this moment.”

Meanwhile, defender Ryan Sinnamon, 19, has returned to Rangers following a loan spell with Falkirk. He had one start and three sub appearances following an ankle injury – and finding his way blocked by Bairns centre-back Aaron Muirhead.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-targets-josh-windass-matt-7118317

Well, if Jackson was half the journalist he thinks he is, he would have checked the data of Windass and Crooks before claiming that they are AS's youth system products ...

Crooks looks to be a Huddersfield product

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-crooks/profil/spieler/169416

... and Windass much the same

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-windass/profil/spieler/280813

And while we are at it, we do not speak of a million or two in compensation or transfer fees, as Crooks is valued at less then 100k, and Windass probably less than 200k - given the end of their contracts. So a region of 400k for both is not too far off even in the inflated English market, I would assume.

Edited by der Berliner

I

Before we get in medias res again ... folks, if you come back home from work at 1 a.m., walking through the freezing winter night, too tired to switch on your notebook, and then check the latest transfer info via smartphone, it does make you somewhat upset to dig through 3 or 4 pages of hearty banter rather than the odd crump of actual transfer news. We've got a few hundreds threads already on the board, just create another one and banter along there. Cheers!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-targets-josh-windass-matt-7118317

Well, if Jackson was half the journalist he thinks he is, he would have checked the data of Windass and Crooks before claiming that they are AS's youth system products ...

Crooks looks to be a Huddersfield product

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-crooks/profil/spieler/169416

... and Windass much the same

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-windass/profil/spieler/280813

And while we are at it, we do not speak of a million or two in compensation or transfer fees, as Crooks is valued at less then 100k, and Windass probably less than 200k - given the end of their contracts. So a region of 400k for both is not too far off even in the inflated English market, I would assume.

It will be a development fee. Can't see it being as much as 400k. Those valuations you get from transfermarket are completely unreliable dB

It will be a development fee. Can't see it being as much as 400k. Those valuations you get from transfermarket are completely unreliable dB

I know and I sure do not use them as gospel, but as some more reasonable basis of discussion than some "fan-fiction" or "chairman-wanna-hav's". And less than 100k for a English 4th tier player who is out of contract soonish is quite reasonable, IMHO. That it may be much more should someone simply slam 200k on the table or the owning club does not want to sell is obvious.

Edited by der Berliner

Not good enough, too low a standard, not wanted by current team.... :P

Haha:laugh: At least he is championship fodder! His Real Madrid background sucked me in!

only wondered if we will go for him, he perfectly fits Warburtons sought after mould and usually when a player asks for a termination its with his next move already organised.

edit* just seen he is signing for a Belgian side

Edited by trublusince1982

Haha:laugh: At least he is championship fodder! His Real Madrid background sucked me in!

only wondered if we will go for him, he perfectly fits Warburtons sought after mould and usually when a player asks for a termination its with his next move already organised.

Never heard of him to be honest, but I know you follow the younger players down south a lot.