Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

No what's unacceptable would be throwing cash around to do all of next seasons business in the first week of January, having players who arent needed at the moment on higher wages being an unessential drain to club resources. We can and will win this league with this squad of players, we will then strengthen again in the summer. King says some weird things at times, he also said he'd spend all his kids inheritance.

Do you think Hibs and Falkirk will hold on to their form and players and that we will lose this league because our current squad isnt up to the task? I dont understand the mad rush to waste money when it is not needed. Is this current squad playing at a level that would be deemed substandard dross?

if Waghorn and Tavernier get injured are you still as confident in the squad?

Im not, not even close. the consequences from not going up far outweigh the cost of signing a couple of players for 500k or so.

If not even confident the squad can do it without injuries by any sort of margin that is not a massive gamble.

You do realise if we win the SC this season we go into the EL qualifiers next season?

I'll have to admit I forgot about this or didnt even think about it. Do you think this current crop are capable of reaching the final?

if Waghorn and Tavernier get injured are you still as confident in the squad?

Im not, not even close. the consequences from not going up far outweigh the cost of signing a couple of players for 500k or so.

If not even confident the squad can do it without injuries by any sort of margin that is not a massive gamble.

I'm confident we have what it takes to win the league we are in right now and do so comfortably. We could do with a defensive mid but not someone we need to go breaking the bank on, that was my point people are getting all bent out of shape at where we are getting players or the contracts they are on right now and ignoring that what he have is more than able of doing the job at hand.

No I won't be quiet. King once talked of £30m being needed. Presume we won't be seeing it anytime soon?

Rangers supporters will not turn up to watch substandard dross. Past history proves that. Signing these players only worries me that we'll be struggling to compete with Hertz & Aberdeen which is totally unacceptable

Over 15 has already been spent

I'll have to admit I forgot about this or didnt even think about it. Do you think this current crop are capable of reaching the final?

I'm confident we have what it takes to win the league we are in right now and do so comfortably. We could do with a defensive mid but not someone we need to go breaking the bank on, that was my point people are getting all bent out of shape at where we are getting players or the contracts they are on right now and ignoring that what he have is more than able of doing the job at hand.

not ignoring it mate just disagree. I think its a massive gamble to bet on the squad as it is to win this league comfortably. Couple of injuries to key players and I would seriously worry.

The last two results have been good but the previous 3 months before that have been iffy with late goals seeing us through in a lot of games. We are crying out for a def mid and another striker. The two boys who warburton obviously deems good enough for the premier fit the bill and for a relatively small outlay. Will be very surprised if we dont make an offer after they sign pre contracts.

Edited by trublusince1982

Genuinely hope I'm wrong but I think we need to be looking at better calibre players than ones from England's League2

Why ?

Where did Leicester pluck Vardy from ?

Where did Spurs get Delli Alli ?

Where did Arsenal get Jenkinson from ?

Just because they are in League 2 doesn't mean you cant pick up some gems.

You do realise if we win the SC this season we go into the EL qualifiers next season?

So you are telling me that with this generation of instant gratification..... that they will sign in January because come May we MIGHT be in the EL qualifiers ? Me neither.

But we wont, will we. Not with all these bargain basement signings we are making which will have us struggling to compete with Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen..... :P

We will need international players starting next season.

Don't disagree. GS.

However, will it be easier to recruit a higher standard of player now or in the summer. We ALL know the answer to that. And the clue is...... it isn't in January. Plus, the value for money in January signings has been historically low.