Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

What are the chances of us going through this window with no new players in ?....It's looking more likely.....Are other clubs' chairmen going to the wire trying to extract more money before the deadline ?

take this for what it's worth

[tweet]689797642776395780[/tweet]

Hoping For New Faces By Monday

Previous

Article

190116_max_ashmore_01

140116_mark_warburton_02

Wednesday, 20 January 2016, 14:30

by Alice Hedworth

MARK Warburton is hoping to have a new face in the door by Monday’s game against Greenock Morton.

The manager understands fans frustrations at wanting to know what is happening when it comes to Rangers’ transfers but wouldn’t reveal much at his weekly media briefing.

He confirmed the club are making good progress with their targets and also reiterated that he wouldn’t bring in any player he deemed overpriced.

Warburton said:

“I hope to have new signings in by Monday, if the work goes ahead and all parties are happy.”

“In any negotiation all parties have to be happy, so if we can get to that point then great and I am very hopefully we will do. If we’re not then that’s how it is.

“We are making good progress, these things sometimes happen very quickly and other times they demand more negotiation and toing and froing but fingers crossed we get them over the line.

“We will only talk about a player once we secure the player and they are a Rangers player.”

“Fans are fans and I’m sure they are always looking at what the club are doing but I also look at what the players are doing on the pitch.

“We’ve had a good run of games and we’re in good shape – I’m sure the fans recognise that too.

“If we find that quality that we think improves us we’ll make that move and sometimes to secure such quality takes time.”

With the window in January being considerably shorter than the summer’s Warburton knows that some rash decisions can be made by clubs.

He is keen for Rangers not to be one of those club’s and won’t be rushing into any signings, despite the days ticking by.

He said: “January is always more difficult than the summer because it is always more hurried.

“The teams that are doing well don’t want to lose their best players and the teams that are struggling don’t want to lose their best players.

“It’s a harder time, it’s tougher negotiation, it’s more drawn out but if you can get the one or two you need then great but it’s important not to take players for players sake.

“I think it is really important as a club that we do our homework first and determine what we think is the right valuation – that’s key.”

“We could be wrong and if there is some small flexibility then maybe that is up to the board and the owner.

“You have to know your market and recognise what represents value and then make your move.

“If you can find someone in that value then great but if not don’t be panicked into buying someone who is too expensive.”

There were rumours that St. Johnstone were prevaricating and Brentford were playing hardball. So I just wondered. Fully support MW that if a player is not good enough value we walk away. If that means a barren transfer window (in terms of our first team) then so be it.

However that quote does raise expectations of new arrivals.

I think Stokes will strengthen Hibs and he'll get a few goals at this level and Kevin Thompson will be a good addition if he stays injury free. I understand he's looking at a player/coach role at Easter Road

I think Stokes will strengthen Hibs and he'll get a few goals at this level and Kevin Thompson will be a good addition if he stays injury free. I understand he's looking at a player/coach role at Easter Road

Hibs can score all the goals they like....it means nothing if we keep winning!!!