Rangers oldco liquidators set to take 'Big Tax Case' to a Supreme Court appeal

THE LIQUIDATORS of Rangers oldco are set to launch a legal challenge against the taxman's victory in the long-running 'Big Tax Case' to the highest appeal court in the land.

BDO, are expected to announce its move to a final appeal to the Supreme Court next week and are in touch with former Rangers owner David Murray over the case.

The move will make the liquidators the prime movers in the challenge of the decision by three judges at the Court of Session in Edinburgh that Rangers' use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) broke tax rules.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14040779.Rangers_oldco_liquidators_set_to_take__Big_Tax_Case__to_a_Supreme_Court_appeal/?ref=mr&lp=8

Good news. The three old duffers masquerading as judges lost the plot. They were asked to determine whether tax was liable on the EBT's & came back with something totally different called 'common sense'.

Hopefully the Supreme Court will overturn this nonsense & we can all move on.

Good news. The three old duffers masquerading as judges lost the plot. They were asked to determine whether tax was liable on the EBT's & came back with something totally different called 'common sense'.

Hopefully the Supreme Court will overturn this nonsense & we can all move on.

Correct!, unfortunately mud sticks so we will be hearing this for the rest of our lives!,although I can handle that as long as the club continues to move in the right direction and regain our place at the top of Scottish football.

I've got a little bit lost in all this. Currently we're 2-1 but having lost the most recent case we're losing, seems odd but I get that, I think.

Am I right that this is the last appeal that's available? Or does it make it's way into Europe? Where does it go after this one?

Given the strength of many comments in the wake of the one court defeat over this, if we win this appeal and it goes no further, surely we're due a number of apologies for what has been said?

Surprised? My ghast is truly flabbered.

Both Cosgrove and Spiers were telling the BBC Radio Scotland listeners that it would NOT be appealed. Ah well, wishful thinking masquerading as factual information again.

What!!!!!!!, you mean they are wrong again?:lol:,they will just harp on about morality :sleep:

I've got a little bit lost in all this. Currently we're 2-1 but having lost the most recent case we're losing, seems odd but I get that, I think.

Am I right that this is the last appeal that's available? Or does it make it's way into Europe? Where does it go after this one?

Given the strength of many comments in the wake of the one court defeat over this, if we win this appeal and it goes no further, surely we're due a number of apologies for what has been said?

I think an appeal to the Supreme Court would be the final decision - though that court may well pick and choose what the oldco is liable for; i.e. it's not completely black and white with regard to being guilty or non-guilty so to speak.

What!!!!!!!, you mean they are wrong again?:lol:,they will just harp on about morality :sleep:

BES(Big Establishment Stu') got quite high two weeks past, on the news of HMRC winning their appeal. Quite garrulous too, describing himself as being the box to box midfielder, driving the agenda over the 21 years of the show. Tam Cowan, apparently he is the finisher.

If David Murray has any decency in him then he will foot the bill for this. After all it is his manure the BDO are trying to clean up. it would also mean his legacy to Rangers smells slightly better than the smell of horse-shit and piss(-take) ammoniac that we are now left with.