Rangers oldco liquidators set to take 'Big Tax Case' to a Supreme Court appeal

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-agm-2015-recap-peter-6861643

Quote from the timeline of the agm as reported by the Record.

11:47

First shareholder calls into question the governance of the club regarding Resolution 12. The fans have been cheated and I just wish the board had the fire in the belly you had a while ago while defending Livingston.

11:50

Back to Resolution 12. The shareholder wants to know why the club didn't put forward Resolution 12, which of course is about the granting of a European licence, a few years ago in the face of owing the taxman.

11:51

Peter Lawwell : We are liaising with the people who brought up resolution 12 and they are happy with what we are doing. But on the point of a lack of fire in the belly, everything we do is in the best interest of Celtic.

12:17

Back to Resolution 12 ...

Hugh Clark representing the requisitioners of Resolution 12 in 2013: ' I would like to confirm the club is working with us on Resolution 12 and we are just waiting on the SFA.'

Reading between the lines here, it looks like the scum fans are driving their board on - not that they need much driving - to prevent Rangers from playing in Europe if they can prove we owed the taxman and can then prove we do not deserve a licence to play in Europe.

So, even if we win the premiership league next year they are already working - between parkhead pete and hampden pete - to prevent us competing in the CL. How low can this club sink to contemplate this action in the name of 'sporting integrity'?

Even although there might be any debt owed to the taxman and this would be owed by the oldco, it seems imperative - in the face of apparent backroom moves by another club - that BDO appeal this latest verdict and go on to win their appeal, so that our club can escape the clutches of the leeches of the east.

Build bridges, indeed !!

11:50

Back to Resolution 12. The shareholder wants to know why the club didn't put forward Resolution 12, which of course is about the granting of a European licence, a few years ago in the face of owing the taxman.

11:51

Reading between the lines here, it looks like the scum fans are driving their board on - not that they need much driving - to prevent Rangers from playing in Europe if they can prove we owed the taxman and can then prove we do not deserve a licence to play in Europe.

]

I think your reading between the lines isn't entirely accurate.

As I understand it and as the enlarged quoted text refers to , the UEFA licence talked about was from 2011.

I think your reading between the lines isn't entirely accurate.

As I understand it and as the enlarged quoted text refers to , the UEFA licence talked about was from 2011.

Until we provide three years of accounts, as I understand it, we don't have a licence.

It would appear to be important to our east end friends that we don't get one - even then.

Things could get interesting if we win the SC.

Until we provide three years of accounts, as I understand it, we don't have a licence.

It would appear to be important to our east end friends that we don't get one - even then.

Things could get interesting if we win the SC.

So what would the UEFA licence of 2011('resolution 12') have to do with getting a licence in the scenario you paint of us winning Top tier next season ?

The Resolution in question.

12. This AGM requests the Board exercise the provision contained in the Procedural Rules Governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body

Article 10 with jurisdiction and investigation responsibilities identified in articles 3 & 11 (Note 1), by referring/bringing to the attention of

the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), the licensing administration practices of the Scottish Football Association (SFA), requesting the

CFCB undertake a review and investigate the SFA’s implementation of UEFA & SFA license compliance requirements, with regard to

qualification, administration and granting of licenses to compete in football competitions under both SFA and UEFA jurisdiction, since the

implementation of the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations of 2010.

Note 1 referred to:

Article 10 – Tasks of the CFCB chief investigator

1 If a case falling under the jurisdiction of the CFCB in accordance with these rules comes to the attention of, or is referred to, the CFCB, an investigation is

conducted by the CFCB chief investigator.

2 The CFCB chief investigator establishes the facts and collects all evidence.

Article 3 – Jurisdiction of the CFCB

1 The CFCB is competent to:

(a) determine whether licensors have fulfilled their obligations and whether license applicants/licensees have fulfilled the licensing criteria as

defined in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations;

(b) determine whether licensees fulfil the club monitoring requirements as defined in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations;

© impose disciplinary measures as defined in these rules in the event of non fulfilment of the requirements set out in the UEFA Club Licensing

and Financial Fair Play Regulations;

(d) decide on cases relating to club eligibility for the UEFA club competitions to the extent provided for by the regulations governing the

competitions in question.

2 When a case seems to come under the jurisdiction of both the CFCB and the Control and Disciplinary Body, the chairmen of the two bodies decide in their

own discretion which body shall deal with the case. If they cannot reach an agreement, the chairman of the Appeals Body decides in his own discretion. Such

decisions on jurisdiction may only be appealed against with the final decision of the body to which the case was assigned.

Article 11 – Collection of evidence

1 The CFCB chief investigator may, on his own initiative or, where appropriate, at the request of the defendant, convene a hearing as part of his investigation.

2 All means of evidence may be considered by the CFCB chief investigator. This includes, but is not limited to, the defendant’s testimony, witness testimonies,

documents and records, recordings (audio or video), on-site inspections and expert reports.

3 The defendant may consult the case file.

4 The CFCB chief investigator may set a suitable time limit for the defendant to submit its observations and/or submit or request complementary evidence.

My understanding is that it relates to the "Wee" Tax Case (Discounted Option Scheme).

I guess you'd need to ask those who are still pushing res. 12.

So the indignant line in your post......"build bridges indeed"....was based in this instance, on an uneducated guess/ mistaken interpretation ?

Reslolution 12 is being driven by a group of fans/shareholders that no bridges will ever be built towards.

Resolution 12 has nothing to do with BDO and any appeals process.

Rangers as a football club and business does have to share in 'bridge-building' within the area in that we play our football and ply our trade. Not to do so would be acting against the best interests of the football club.

Groups of 'rival fans' who scream for more punishment (including & beyond 'resolution 12') will continue to do so but it is ultimeatly the decision of the various clubs and governing bodies as to what is or isn't proposed. It is in the best interests of those football clubs to focus on the future with a mind to improve rather than re-visit the past.

We can only deal with events as they arise but the chairman/board recently made clear that Rangers want to share in the advancement of the game in Scotland and that to go backwards would be an unwise choice for the well-being of Scottish fitbaw.

Edited by buster.

Does that include their financial doping via the Coop Bank soft loans and dubious land deals with the Glasgow City Council as well, i.e. "the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations"?

This is ammunition our board have in reserve. Whether they decide to use it or not is another matter. If they did things could get very interesting indeed. I suspect Liewell knows this as a whole can of worms would open involving Scottish politicians past & present.