We lack a leader or two

I don't expect instant leaders after all we've been through over the course of the last 4 years, but the lack of someone taking the bull by the horns in our side is my worry right now and I can't see anyone in our current squad taking up that mantle.

That's a real problem for us there isn't a leader in our side the guy who kicks ass on the pitch.

I'm not talking about the captain, there are many fine players in Rangers history who weren't captain but could give team mates a right rollicking when due.

John Brown was a fine example of what I'm getting at.

Hopefully we can bring in such a player (not in January) who will fill that void in the coming season.

Earlier in the season we had both our full/wing backs Tav & Wallace leading by example,they have both gone off the boil and nobody else has stepped up to the plate,maybe Holt has with his overall performances covering every blade of grass and chipping in with a few goals,but aye we don't have a real leader on the pitch.

The young players like Oduwa and Zelalum have probably witnessed very early in their career real leaders - men of substance...as I said...we are way lacking that, these youngsters might be realising this and it's affecting their development and more importantly ours?

The young players like Oduwa and Zelalum have probably witnessed very early in their career real leaders - men of substance...as I said...we are way lacking that, these youngsters might be realising this and it's affecting their development and more importantly ours?

It's going to be a busy summer, our first XI alone needs major changes, and that's before you factor in the strength of our squad in general.

I think we have to look at Wallace and Tavernier's early season form as abnormal; for full-backs to score so many goals is really unusual. Now, perhaps is the 'normal' level. Although, I would like to see more from them.

We do need leaders. I think Halliday could grow into that role, as I think he has the desire. Foderingham has gone up against is manager before -- Di Canio no less! -- so I would expect him to have a little fire in his belly; might take a while for that to come through at a new club though. Wilson would become a leader -- if only his ability was better! Most of our players do seem to be 'followers', but I don't think that's too much of a surprise considering the average age of the squad.

I don't expect instant leaders after all we've been through over the course of the last 4 years, but the lack of someone taking the bull by the horns in our side is my worry right now and I can't see anyone in our current squad taking up that mantle.

That's a real problem for us there isn't a leader in our side the guy who kicks ass on the pitch.

I'm not talking about the captain, there are many fine players in Rangers history who weren't captain but could give team mates a right rollicking when due.

John Brown was a fine example of what I'm getting at.

Hopefully we can bring in such a player (not in January) who will fill that void in the coming season.

Why not in January?

I also wish we had a leader be it player or anyone else to tell players to do their talking on the pitch and not off it. For the last few years we've had a succession of cringeworthy interviews re "wake up calls" and "we'll keep working hard", "we'll fight to the end" etc. that bore no connection to reality. In the last few weeks we've had players questioning if Hibs had the bottle for the chase and making claims that we weren't worried about them because we were 2 points ahead with a game in hand. Even Warbs joked about this in his pre-match interview which looks even less funny now than it did we he said it. "Do I look worried?"

We always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot immediately after shooting off our mouths, in other words.

Totally agree Bearman. MW needs to sign someone who can drive the team on and just be an angry man. We're seriously lacking that kind of player.

I agree, we need a player first and foremost who can play the game well . But has an arrogance or gallus attitude, up in your face plenty of bottle. type. Pity as there's not many Sourness's about ?

Totally agree Bearman. MW needs to sign someone who can drive the team on and just be an angry man. We're seriously lacking that kind of player.

We seriously lack killing these teams off when we're one up and if we did we wouldn't be having this discussion...