Eustace not coming. Zelalem to extend his deal

Young Walsh is a right midfielder but some genius stuck him on the wing. I've watched Jordan Thompson playing for the reserves and he always involved in the game and young Roberts is so fast these youngsters will never let us down..

If they get a game ahead of loan signings.

You mean Jordan Thompson ?

I wouldn't mind seeing us go with a 4-1-3-2 formation even. Have Zelalem as the pivot at the base of the midfield, allow Halliday to play further forward alongside Holt and McKay, and have Waghorn up front with Hardie. Something like :

:wf:

:jt::db::rk::dw:

:gz:

:jh::ah::bm:

:mw::rh:

This formation allows Zelalem to be the one to take the ball from the back 4 and get it moving. He would be more than adequate doing so. Not necessarily a holding midfielder, but playing slightly deeper than the midfield would normally play. This also allows the midfield 3 (Holt, Halliday and McKay) to play further up the pitch (slightly higher up the pitch than a normal midfield would play in a 4-4-2), and it also gives Waghorn a true partner up front.

When at Ibrox for the Queens game when we won with the late goal (you see Mack.... when back home I do actually attend games.....) it was evident to me that the wide players really were playing wide which left Waghorn effectively as a lone striker. They either need to be playing narrower to support him or he needs a partner to help him.

I think we would be more creative with the above formation with 3 players in midfield who have an eye for a pass.... in Holt's case a very deft eye for making a run beyond his strikers at the right time, in McKay's case someone who can be direct and take on players and in Halliday's case someone who can make an incisive through ball.

Having Hardie up beside Waghorn would give Waghorn support but would also give those 3 midfielders something more to aim at.

Worth a try at least ????

Yes thanks Jordan not Jason.

Your idea is certainly creative but not sure if Zelalem has the qualities needed to play in front of a back four where you have defensive duties.

I certanly would like to see us play two up and we need to se if Hardie can do it at this level because if he doesn't get a chance in the Championship I doubt he'll get a chance in the Premiership.

Just read the official Rangers pages where Zalelam admits he has to add goals to his game as he has not scored for his parent club either.

He says he is learning game by game and that's where the problem lies as learning should not take place in the top team but in the lower ranks(u/20's), like the other youngsters coming through.

Like the others from their then be given a chance having impressed enough to earn one.

Again reading the comments of Warbs on official pages re average age of players brought in signed/loaned in which he staes Zelalem will be better player two years down the line,while I admire our manager it is here and now that is the thing.