Eustace not coming. Zelalem to extend his deal

According to the Daily Record.

"RANGERS boss Mark Warburton has admitted defeat in his bid to secure the signature of John Eustace."

"One player looking set to stay on at Ibrox is Gedion Zelalem, with Warburton revealing the Light Blues are close to agreeing a deal with Arsenal to extend his loan spell."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-miss-out-john-eustace-6878275?

According to the Daily Record.

"RANGERS boss Mark Warburton has admitted defeat in his bid to secure the signature of John Eustace."

"One player looking set to stay on at Ibrox is Gedion Zelalem, with Warburton revealing the Light Blues are close to agreeing a deal with Arsenal to extend his loan spell."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-miss-out-john-eustace-6878275?

Was just about to post and ask the question regarding Eusatace. Hope that Zelalem is not one of the signings MW was talking about last week.

Disappointing Eustace isn't signing, but if he isn't fit, then so be it. Zelalem is an important player for us; delighted he'll be staying on for the rest of the season.

Important in what sense? I'm not negating your statement - I'm just not fully on board regarding what he offers, given his headline billing when he came.

Important in what sense? I'm not negating your statement - I'm just not fully on board regarding what he offers, given his headline billing when he came.

He's not a goal-scorer, so doesn't grab the headlines. He's a metronome, keeping the ball ticking over. He's an excellent passer, great at creating angles for passing and receiving the pass. I think we miss him when he's not in the side.

He's not a goal-scorer, so doesn't grab the headlines. He's a metronome, keeping the ball ticking over. He's an excellent passer, great at creating angles for passing and receiving the pass. I think we miss him when he's not in the side.

He is also a light-weight, goes missing for large chunks of the game, doesn't tackle anybody when we do not have possession, and dances about (like an Arsenal player) with airy-fairy 10 yard passes that hurt nobody. His last good game was at Airdrie, which was also one of his first games. Since then it has been downward in terms of contribution.

I will ask this, for someone so good at passing, how many assists has he had? For someone so good with the ball, he has not scored and has probably had about 3 attempts at goal since he arrived. His only significant contribution is in moving the ball 10 yards in either direction. A complete luxury.

I will ask this, for someone so good at passing, how many assists has he had? For someone so good with the ball, he has not scored and has probably had about 3 attempts at goal since he arrived. His only significant contribution is in moving the ball 10 yards in either direction. A complete luxury.

He has one assist in 8 league games since the end of August. We lacked a spark, says the manager, where is the spark supposed to come from, I would ask? Making easy passes 10 yards isn't getting the job done, in fact it makes it easy for the opposition to get in formation behind the ball.

Send him back, and save £6,500 per week. With the possible exception of Waghorn we really only have one "senior" player in the starting line up. I would play Law, who is a proven goal scorer, when fit, and task him with playing further forward to back up the loan striker. Meantime I would give Shiels a run.

Edited by BrahimHemdani