Rangers AGM thread >>>

As I said I think we were self-harming ourselves losing 26% of the retail profits. Ashely could have kept that up for the length of the contract as he was gaining the 26%. The retail board was stitched up by Ashely and SD people King and Murray(?) could only watch and nod their heads. I think that is the reason but I may be wrong.

yes but the Sports Direct boycott would have meant it was 26% of not very much

Question is whether fans start to buy merchandise in numbers once again. Given that the underlying deal seems to be weighted so heavily in Ashley's favour, I doubt it.

Our best hope of a quick and satisfactory resolution is probably that Green is found guilty in his criminal trial and the Club is subsequently able to use the evidence from that case to show that he breached his fiduciary duties as a Director by not acting in the best interests of the Club.

Frankie may not want us to speculate on the nature of any such potential breach, given the ongoing criminal case, but if you follow the money relating to Ashley's investment in the Club, it's pretty obvious what he got in return and who benefited.

If that connection can be proven, then we can ask a court to declare the contract void.

Edited by Mountain Bear

It is better than feeding Ashely and maybe they hope Ashely will be more helpful or less of a pain in the Arse if he gets his money back. All these court cases are costing a fortune in lawyers fees.

Question is whether fans start to buy merchandise in numbers once again. Given that the underlying deal seems to be weighted so heavily in Ashley's favour, I doubt it.

Our best hope of a quick and satisfactory resolution is probably that Green is found guilty in his criminal trial and the Club is subsequently able to use the evidence from that case to show that he breached his fiduciary duties as a Director by not acting in the best interests of the Club.

Frankie may not want us to speculate on the nature of any such potential breach, given the ongoing criminal case, but if you follow the money relating to Ashley's investment in the Club, it's pretty obvious what he got in return and who benefited.

If that connection can be proven, then we can ask a court to declare the contract void.

Agree with what you're saying but if/when CG is found guilty I think there will undoubtedly be an appeal so getting the SD contract(s) declared void may take some considerable time.

Meanwhile we're stuck with a situation which is of little use to either party. What I can't understand is why PUMA don't try to intervene.I'd have thought it would be in their interests to get all parties round the table & re-negotiate these contracts to the satisfaction of everyone. If they're really interested in selling Rangers merchandise that is.....

As I said I think we were self-harming ourselves losing 26% of the retail profits. Ashely could have kept that up for the length of the contract as he was gaining the 26%. The retail board was stitched up by Ashely and SD people King and Murray(?) could only watch and nod their heads. I think that is the reason but I may be wrong.

That's the thing about percentages. 26 percent of zero isn't much.

Agree with what you're saying but if/when CG is found guilty I think there will undoubtedly be an appeal so getting the SD contract(s) declared void may take some considerable time.

Meanwhile we're stuck with a situation which is of little use to either party. What I can't understand is why PUMA don't try to intervene.I'd have thought it would be in their interests to get all parties round the table & re-negotiate these contracts to the satisfaction of everyone. If they're really interested in selling Rangers merchandise that is.....

Probably not worth the potential grief for Puma, especially if they annoy Ashley in the process.

Is it not that we were getting the 26% all the time and that repaying the loan stops A****y from holding the securities one of which was the right to the badge?.

The boycott being called on all merchandise to which he holds the rights,was trying to force his hand in giving the club a better deal than the 74% - 26% in his favour.

Is it not that we were getting the 26% all the time and that repaying the loan stops A****y from holding the securities one of which was the right to the badge?.

The boycott being called on all merchandise to which he holds the rights,was trying to force his hand in giving the club a better deal than the 74% - 26% in his favour.

I'm laughing my arse off with you interfering in this respectable forum, talking about 'forcing' Ashley and 'his rights' is ridiculous and you know it so why type it?

The badge is ours and is not up for negotiation. The 26% - 74% is for 7 years and there's nothing to be done about it. As for the boycott of all things SD. The 'Fat Man' doesn't get his bank account filled even more from us Rangers fans. Simples.