The Guardian (including associated Sports Direct chat)

Thanks to Ian and Forlan for posting the stories and links.

I'd say Ashely must be a bit shell shocked at the moment as various reddish flags start to ripple in the breeze down Shirebrook way.

He's a powerful and rich man but he's made a lot of enemies (never a good idea to take on most of the press), his way of doing business may have left some interesting trails and his seeming disregard for corporate governance may lose him some credibility with the high flying finance folk and others.

Good time for anyone with a gripe, a grudge, a complaint, a campaign, some information for authorities or whatever other relevant thing to press the GO button.

Okay bud...Ashley's a Tory B@stard :)

Article from The Mag (from yesterday/Thursday)

Independent Newcastle Utd fans voice

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/12/unbelievable-latest-email-sent-by-lee-charnley-to-newcastle-fans/

------------------------------------------------------

I thought I had seen it all but the latest email sent out from Mike Ashley in the name of Lee Charnley simply defies belief.

In a last desperate attempt to fill the empty seats at St James Park, Mike Ashley has ordered his minions to try and keep his advertising credible by any means possible.

With the Sports Direct and other brands tarnished by thousands of empty seats as a backdrop at almost every game this season, massive discounts have been offered on kids half-season tickets in order to try and fill them.

Tickets covering the final 10 games of the season are on offer for only £2.50 per match in the family enclosure, £5 per match in categories 2 and 3 (Leazes/Gallowgate etc) and £7.50 in category 3 (East Stand and other ‘better’ areas).

As a sop to those who have already forked out on Junior half-season tickets at the more market rate previously advertised, Lee Charnley says that the club are going to send them a ‘free’ adult and junior ticket for the Villa match which is the one before the 10 game half season ticket kicks in.

No doubt Ashley happy to try and fill some of the empty seats for that Villa match just before Xmas as an added bonus to protecting his adverts.

The massive hole in their plan, is they have seemingly forgot all of the loyal (still addicted) sods who have paid full whack and ho are now royally having the mick taken out of them.

Where is the compensation for them, may of who have paid out hundreds of pounds on their junior season tickets before a ball was even kicked?

This is a short-term desperate move to fill the thousands of empty seats but long-term disaster in terms of really hacking off thousand of the most loyal fans.

If Mike Ashley was refunding the equivalent cash to those who have paid for full Junior season tickets I would be saying fair play as everybidy benefits but this is just laughable.

Unbelievable.

----------------------------------

The Lee Charnley email sent to Newcastle fans Thursday 10 December 2015

Hi Supporter,

We have all seen how fantastic a noisy St James’ Park is. The atmosphere you generate lifts the players and turns the stadium into a very special place to be. It does make a difference.

That was certainly the case against Liverpool and I was delighted that our fans could leave the ground with smiles on their faces, something we are all striving to achieve more regularly than we have this year.

We want to fill St. James’ Park to capacity and recreate that atmosphere for every home game. With that in mind, I am delighted to announce, for a limited time only, the release of half-season tickets for under-18s priced at just £25 in the Family Area, £50 in category 2 & 3 seating and £75 in category 1 seating.

The means our next generation of supporters can watch the final ten home games of the season from as little as £2.50 per game.

Starting with Everton on Boxing Day, these half-season tickets will guarantee a seat at fixtures including the visits of Manchester United and Manchester City, the Tyne-Wear derby, the final match of the season against Spurs and five other Premier League fixtures.

For supporters who have already committed to buying a junior half-season ticket, we will be sending out a free adult and child ticket for you to join us for the Premier League fixture against Aston Villa.

I sincerely hope that you will join us all at St. James’ Park. I would welcome you to take a closer look here. Tickets can be bought online, over the phone and in person. We’ll be opening our matchday box office tomorrow & Saturday so supporters can buy their tickets in person from St James’ Park, direct from our expert team.

Thank you for your support.

Lee Charnley

Managing Director

Newcastle United

I can't imagine 'fans' being enticed with that offer!

But then again, Newcastle fans are a bit different from any fan who wants to follow their team.

Cheap tickets and sell your soul seems to be the order of the day where Ashley is concerned, and mind don't forget to buy your cheap kit on the way out.

I have no sympathy for Newcastle Utd supporters...they have done hee haw in ridding their club of this obnoxious man.

But then again, Newcastle fans are a bit different from any fan who wants to follow their team.

Cheap tickets and sell your soul seems to be the order of the day where Ashley is concerned, and mind don't forget to buy your cheap kit on the way out.

I have no sympathy for Newcastle Utd supporters...they have done hee haw in ridding their club of this obnoxious man.

In fairness, it was difficult for us and he wasn't actually the owner of us. Plus Newcastle don't have their version of Dave King. I think our supporters should offer advice to them and any help we can give - it's in our mutual interests.

Yeah that's why there are so many empty seats...

You are one of the most judgemental posters on here. It's not easy to remove a guy like him. Look what he did to us in the space of months and then imagine the stranglehold he has on Newcastle ffs. It's never easy for the ordinary to remove the powerful. If it was, we wouldn't still have countries in dictatorship. We could have easily removed David Cameron & Osborne and their excessive policies that are hitting those in most need.

Look how long it took us to get our club in the right hands! Three fucking years of torment, and it wasn't solely the fans. If we didn't have the likes of King we'd be fucked and still have the the Easdales and Ibrox would be the Sports Direct Stadium.

Yeah that's why there are so many empty seats...

You are one of the most judgemental posters on here. It's not easy to remove a guy like him. Look what he did to us in the space of months and then imagine the stranglehold he has on Newcastle ffs. It's never easy for the ordinary to remove the powerful. If it was, we wouldn't still have countries in dictatorship. We could have easily removed David Cameron & Osborne and their excessive policies that are hitting those in most need.

Look how long it took us to get our club in the right hands! Three fucking years of torment, and it wasn't solely the fans. If we didn't have the likes of King we'd be fucked and still have the the Easdales and Ibrox would be the Sports Direct Stadium.

We have not rid the club of Ashely he still has an important chunk in his possession.

Also look at every advertising boards. Not much to see other than Sports Direct.

It's clear how this guy works, Buys enough shares in other companies to have his men placed on their boards, They then sign off agreements that benefit SD/Mash to the detriment of the company they work for. The company is sucked dry then abandoned and Ashley and his running dogs move on to the next victim.

The ugly face of capitalism laid bare.

Newcastle are victims as we are. We should support them any way we can. Unity is strength.

[/b]

In fairness, it was difficult for us and he wasn't actually the owner of us. Plus Newcastle don't have their version of Dave King. I think our supporters should offer advice to them and any help we can give - it's in our mutual interests.

If you remember right, we played Newcastle in a friendly a coupe of years ago and they had a big banner telling us to "support the team, not the regime"...