Rangers to appeal against Andy Halliday red card

If the ref had been doing his job properly from the start then this incident would have probably been avoided!,he was never in control of the game and let things go when he should have got a grip of the Hibs antics,the Hibs players were given a free hand to continually niggle,kick our players,then there were a few dives and an incredible tackle on Wallace,which was far worse than anything Halliday did,kicking the ball away and not being yellow carded which is a yellow card by the rule book.

And even after Fyvie clearly cheated him and his manager are quite happy to Blame Halliday,and that shows the class of Stubbs and their rancid wee club.

When the QOTS player Lyle got sent off for a head butt our manager was very quick to defend him as it was hand bags,class.

I agree the ref had a shocker.

Regardless of the outcome Re Halliday Fyvie should be getting hauled up and banned for his simulation holding his face.

I will be shocked if he isn't. If he isn't then Rangers must ask for clarification why Lafferty was called up but Fyvie not.

I think it been given too much publicity for them to ignore it.

ALAN STUBBS has backed Rangers’ bid to wipe out Andy Halliday’s red card.

And Hibs boss Stubbs criticised star Fraser Fyvie for his part in the Ibrox flashpoint.

Fyvie went down clutching his face after being barged in the chest by Halliday prompting the red card.

Hibs star Fyvie acted as if he was butted by Halliday

Stubbs said: “I want us to do things right on and off the pitch and if there’s no contact, then I hope Andy gets off with it.”

Stubbs revealed he spoke with Fyvie, and admitted the midfielder’s over-the-top reaction was not what he wanted to see from his stars.

Hibs are now waiting to learn if Fyvie may face SFA action while Gers plan an appeal.

Stubbs said: “I have spoken to Fraser about it, not in a detrimental way, but I don’t want to see anyone do anything which could lead to something else.

"I don’t want to see any players get sent off, no matter what. I don’t advocate that at all.

“I don’t condone either player’s actions. Could they have dealt with it better? Of course they could. It’s not something I’d want my players to do.

“It’s the same as going down in the penalty box or even anywhere else on the pitch.

“I don’t like that side of football, and I don’t think you see my players doing that an awful lot.

“It does happen in football and sometimes people have a perception that if you can’t beat them, join them. That’s not my perception.”

Stubbs refused to reveal the exact nature of his conversation with Fyvie at the training ground.

He added: “What was said between me and Fraser has to stay private, but if Andy gets off with it then fine, good luck to him.

“I don’t think Fraser would react like that again. There were things that happened for that reaction before they even got there. It was in the heat of the game.

“Andy Halliday had a reaction and Fraser’s had a reaction. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

“I’m not just going to pin the blame on one of them, I think both could have controlled their emotions better.”

MARTYN WAGHORN last night branded Fraser Fyvie a diver and accused the Hibs player of deliberately conning Bobby Madden into sending off Andy Halliday in Monday’s Ibrox showdown.

Rangers striker Waghorn was reacting to Fyvie’s claims that ref Madden had no option but to send Halliday packing after a flashpoint between the pair during the second half of a heated Championship table top clash.

While manager Mark Warburton confirmed yesterday that the club has officially appealed to have the decision over turned, Waghorn hit out at Fyvie for showing disrespect to a fellow pro by falling to the ground and faking a facial injury.

Waghorn - who went on to fire his ten man team to a 4-2 victory with the final goal of the match - said: “It’s disappointing, no one wants to see that but every now and then you see it all over the game. It’s not great. He’s done it though and the referee has made his decision.

“I thought we handled it very well, we got on with the game and it was more pleasing we could still play our game.

“Andy was very disappointed. It’s one of those things that can happen during a game and Fraser has over-reacted.

“It happens in games, I suppose it can happen in big games like Monday. Andy was very disappointed but we got the three points and that made up for it.

“Andy is a committed lad, he gives everything for this club but he’s not that kind of player. He didn’t do anything wrong and the reaction got him sent off.

“It’s a poor when another professional does that and you can say it’s like diving or a form of simulation. It’s not great doing it to a fellow professional, he should have had a bit more respect for him.

“But it’s happened and we need to move on.”

Warburton, meanwhile, was firing off an email to the SFA before breakfast time yesterday morning looking to have Halliday’s red card booted out and suspension quashed.

The Englishman said: “We have appealed the red card and I’m sure my thoughts on it are more than obvious. Anyone who has seen the footage should know my views. But we will go through the process and see what happens.

“I don’t talk about other team’s players, that’s not my job. I’ll talk about Rangers players all day long, but that’s not my job. I know we hope we can go through the right process and get the right result.

“You saw it. You saw what I saw. It is a highly emotional and competitive arena. It is a big game and everything that comes with that.

“They are young players still learning the game.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-striker-martyn-waghorn-brands-7089492

Disciplinary update: Halliday & Fyvie

Wednesday, 30 December 2015

The following Player Reference has been received by the Compliance Officer:

Player: Andrew Halliday (Rangers)

Match: Rangers v Hibernian (SPFL Championship) – 28 December 2015

Case: Claim of Wrongful Dismissal (Violent Conduct)

Principal hearing date: Thursday, 7 January 2016

The following Compliance Officer Reference has been accepted:

Alleged Party in Breach: Fraser Fyvie (Hibernian)

Match: Rangers v Hibernian (SPFL Championship) – 28 December 2015

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 201: In that at the above match you committed an act of simulation in that you feigned that you had received a blow to the face or head from Andrew Halliday of Rangers FC. That this act of simulation supported an error of judgement by the Match Referee that Andrew Halliday had head-butted you upon the face or head, and caused the Match Referee to make an incorrect decision to dismiss Andrew Halliday for the offence of violent conduct.

Fixed suspension offered: Yes – two matches

Outcome: Two-match suspension accepted (applied immediately)

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=15789