Rangers to appeal against Andy Halliday red card

Disciplinary Rule 201: In that at the above match you committed an act of simulation in that you feigned that you had received a blow to the face or head from Andrew Halliday of Rangers FC. That this act of simulation supported an error of judgement by the Match Referee that Andrew Halliday had head-butted you upon the face or head, and caused the Match Referee to make an incorrect decision to dismiss Andrew Halliday for the offence of violent conduct.

Unless I am reading this wrong then the compliance officer is already admitting that the sending off was incorrect as there was no violent conduct. If there is no violent conduct then he must clear Halliday of the red card.

Unless I am reading this wrong then the compliance officer is already admitting that the sending off was incorrect as there was no violent conduct. If there is no violent conduct then he must clear Halliday of the red card.

No, I think that this is the allegation for Fyvie being brought to the Compliance Officer, rather than the Compliance Officer admitting the sending off was incorrect. Fyvie did feign a head knock so his suspension is with merit.

The Compliance Officer will have to look at the footage, read the refs reason for sending Halliday off, and then act. If the ref says he sent him off for a "headbutt" then the decision was wrong and should be rescinded. Will be interesting though to see what the CO does about Halliday's kick out at Fyvie.

In saying all of that I could be VERY wrong. And indeed hope I am

Edited by craig

think his appeal is heard on the 7th so would imagine he is free to play until then.

how many weeks did lafferty get?

Rangers fined Lafferty. The SFA then made him the first player to get banned for simulation. He was banned for two months.

No, I think that this is the allegation for Fyvie being brought to the Compliance Officer, rather than the Compliance Officer admitting the sending off was incorrect. Fyvie did feign a head knock so his suspension is with merit.

The Compliance Officer will have to look at the footage, read the refs reason for sending Halliday off, and then act. If the ref says he sent him off for a "headbutt" then the decision was wrong and should be rescinded. Will be interesting though to see what the CO does about Halliday's kick out at Fyvie.

In saying all of that I could be VERY wrong. And indeed hope I am

In reading the report it states the sending off was incorrect and fooled the referee into making the wrong decision and there was no violent contact. Now I can only make from that, that no kick has been mentioned in the referee's report. Whether the compliance officer looks at the kick would have to be his decision then and not judging on the ref's report. Judging on the wording Halliday showed no violent conduct I really can't see how he can then say there was violent conduct. He should then have worded the letter to Fyvie completely different. Scottish football decisions can be pretty crazy though so I am probably wrong.

In reading the report it states the sending off was incorrect and fooled the referee into making the wrong decision and there was no violent contact. Now I can only make from that, that no kick has been mentioned in the referee's report. Whether the compliance officer looks at the kick would have to be his decision then and not judging on the ref's report. Judging on the wording Halliday showed no violent conduct I really can't see how he can then say there was violent conduct. He should then have worded the letter to Fyvie completely different. Scottish football decisions can be pretty crazy though so I am probably wrong.

Exactly, which is why we have no idea what will happen :D