Rangers First vote to offer club £500,000 loan

Ideally 80% +, realistically 70% of membership. Anywhere under the 8500/9000 mark is starting to to look thin

Interesting, so lets say 75% of a 75% turnout, which would then mean 56.25% overall, on the face of it that's fair; but shouldn't the question be put again with the inclusion of a statement that Rangers did not request the loan and there is no way of knowing if it will be accepted?

Firstly, in relation to the statements "I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. .......‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’" if your assertion is correct then it's no different from Marks & Spencer saying "up to 50% discount", when you can't find more than one item size XXX hidden away that is actually on 50% discount.

Secondly, in relation to the "period of time": "Dave King has revealed he is ready to spearhead a £50million plan to rebuild Rangers with at least £30m of his own money. The South Africa-based businessman believes it could take that sum spread over the next four years to make the Ibrox club genuine competitors to Celtic at the top of the Scottish game once more..... ‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail. Published: 23:00, 24 March 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html#ixzz3wjGBHhGU

So by my reckoning, we're getting close to half way through the four years; isn't about time we at least had an investment plan.

Less than a year our of 4 is half way. I'm starting to see your problem re the numbers.

Edited by the gunslinger

Interesting, so lets say 75% of a 75% turnout, which would then mean 56.25% overall, on the face of it that's fair; but shouldn't the question be put again with the inclusion of a statement that Rangers did not request the loan and there is no way of knowing if it will be accepted?

I think its covered when they state they will offer the club a loan. Granted it could do with more emphasis and personally i would have expected more talk about what the loans could be used for

Firstly, in relation to the statements "I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. .......‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’" if your assertion is correct then it's no different from Marks & Spencer saying "up to 50% discount", when you can't find more than one item size XXX hidden away that is actually on 50% discount.

Secondly, in relation to the "period of time": "Dave King has revealed he is ready to spearhead a £50million plan to rebuild Rangers with at least £30m of his own money. The South Africa-based businessman believes it could take that sum spread over the next four years to make the Ibrox club genuine competitors to Celtic at the top of the Scottish game once more..... ‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’ King told Sportsmail. Published: 23:00, 24 March 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2588429/Dave-King-commit-30m-ensure-Rangers-return-Scottish-Premiership.html#ixzz3wjGBHhGU

So by my reckoning, we're getting close to half way through the four years; isn't about time we at least had an investment plan.

So you are suggesting that he should be investing it on a straight line basis ? That is silly, and you know it BH. Investments don't work like that. So I would say that the time to judge him appropriately would be at the END f the timeline - you cant hold him to things when he hasn't given that plan out. And he has no obligation to provide that plan to us.

Indeed, we should actually be GRATEFUL if there actually ISNT a need for the investment as it would suggest that things are turning themselves around financially without the need for a sugar daddy.

You don't invest money when it isn't needed. At this point he and T3B have invested when it has been needed, why cant you give credit for that ?

Less than a year our of 4 is half way. I'm starting to see your problem re the numbers.

This is 2016 if I'm not mistaken, GS, or did New Year pass you by :drink:

So by this March (2016) that'll be two years out of the four will it not; or is my arithmetic truly that bad?

So you are suggesting that he should be investing it on a straight line basis ? ...........

You don't invest money when it isn't needed. At this point he and T3B have invested when it has been needed, why cant you give credit for that ?

I don't see where you get that I was suggesting straight line investment but I do disagree on your latter point.

Surely the best time to invest is before you actually need it. Are you not better able to plan ahead in that scenario rather than having to invest in a time of crisis i.e. we need to make sure the team that takes us up is good enough or at least the nucleus is good enough to carry us to the top 3 in the SPFL in the first season back so we get into Europe in 2017/18. And that the players whose contracts extend or are extended to beyond 2017 will be good enough for Europe. And BTW I'm not saying that that is not what MW would like to be able to do; but I have doubts that some of what we have right now will be good enough.

I certainly am glad that there are people around including T3B who are willing to lend the Club money on advantageous terms but I would still like to see some kind of financial plan.

Lastly, you know better than to describe loans as investments!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

BrahimHemdani has never got over being so wrong about king and never will. Last December he was telling me he would never invest in rangers.

I don't recall saying he would never invest anything but if I did then no doubt you will dig out the reference and I'll be glad to buy you a pint at the dinner.

I do recall being 100% correct about his hair-brained season ticket scheme.

Time will tell how much he actually invests in the Club. So far he has bought some shares and made some comparatively small loans (for him) totalling how much exactly?

Has he actually invested anything directly into the Club?