Rangers First vote to offer club £500,000 loan

Was it via email?

I got the email on 7 January 2016 at 12:47.

For clarity, the whole email has been reproduced at#2 but to be approved, this proposal will require no less than 75% of votes cast to be in favour.

Closing date for voting is Sunday 10th of January 2016

I was emailed too, voted yes but then saw that the result had been announced, probably before everyone had the chance to vote. Not accusing anyone of anything but I would like to know how this was able to happen.

Alex, just for clarity here, the result of the poll has not been announced since the closing date for voting is Sunday 10th of January 2016.

I wonder if you mean Rangers response, rather than the result of the poll?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I got the email on 7 January 2016 at 12:47.

For clarity, the whole email has been reproduced at#2 but to be approved, this proposal will require no less than 75% of votes cast to be in favour.

Closing date for voting is Sunday 10th of January 2016

Got the email today thanks at 15:12. Not sure if my outlook is fooked or if they genuinely sent it today. Poor show if the latter.

Got the email today thanks at 15:12. Not sure if my outlook is fooked or if they genuinely sent it today. Poor show if the latter.

I suspect that with 13,000+ members they had to stagger it but it's out of order if that's the case.

If you go into the email properties you will be able to see when it was sent and the path it took, I'm no expert but I do know that email goes through a lot of different servers? before it reaches you.

Another reason for the poll to be withdrawn.

I'm going to email James Blair, it's a mess.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I suspect that with 13,000+ members they had to stagger it but it's out of order if that's the case.

If you go into the email properties you will be able to see when it was sent and the path it took, I'm no expert but I do know that email goes through a lot of different servers? before it reaches you.

Another reason for the poll to be withdrawn.

I'm going to email James Blair, it's a mess.

A wee bit pedantic BH. No? the issue is well known and has been for days, you don't need the email to have made a decision. "4 hours is plenty of time to reply to an email on a subject you have previous warning of(its been in the media and covered extensively online). Obviously it is not ideal but think the guy has enough on his plate right now. Be far better to collate the email returns and decide once the percentage that has taken part is known. If its too low fair enough cancel the vote and then look at the reasons

A wee bit pedantic BH. No? the issue is well known and has been for days, you don't need the email to have made a decision. "4 hours is plenty of time to reply to an email on a subject you have previous warning of(its been in the media and covered extensively online). Obviously it is not ideal but think the guy has enough on his plate right now. Be far better to collate the email returns and decide once the percentage that has taken part is known. If its too low fair enough cancel the vote and then look at the reasons

I can see where you're coming from on that but I for one had no prior knowledge (not being on FB or Twitter) and not everyone opens all their email right away.

What would be an acceptable "turnout" in your view?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I can see where you're coming from on that but I for one had no prior knowledge (not being on FB or Twitter) and not everyone opens all their email right away.

What would be an acceptable "turnout" in your view?

Ideally 80% +, realistically 70% of membership. Anywhere under the 8500/9000 mark is starting to to look thin