Helen Martin: Who will tackle the hate-filled football thugs

In the age of smartphones, videoclips, online-photos on twitter, facebook et al? These reports apparently all come from some neolithic folk who for some reason don't have such basic armaments of your modern day football supporter and warrior of rightness and virtue.

In the age of smartphones, videoclips, online-photos on twitter, facebook et al? These reports apparently all come from some neolithic folk who for some reason don't have such basic armaments of your modern day football supporter and warrior of rightness and virtue.

Bingo that's the first thing any sane person would have done was to use their phone and video the alleged objects being thrown and the lack of action from the police sounds like another made up smear story.

Just ban all away fans!

It's coming Ian, not only that going to away games (not that I go) is becoming to dangerous to be worthwhile, Facial recognition, FOCUS Offensive Behaviour etc.. Football fans are being scared away from the game.

I honestly would stop all away fans from coming to Ibrox and discourage our fans from travelling to away games. I know people will say" that's easy for you to say as you don't travel to away games" and they would be right of course.

I bow to no man in my handwringing, and I'm well aware there are scumbag fans everywhere, including among us. But if there's a gate at Ibrox where you can saunter up with cans, bottles, and lighters - I'll give the author coins - I haven't seen it these past thirty years and more.

My boy had to bin a half empty carton of Um Bongo when he was about 12, presumably on the grounds that if it was launched from the middle of the Broomoloan Rear, the wee straw could have taken someone's eye out. The chances of getting past the vigilant young coppers on gate duty with a slab of Tennents, a case of Becks and more lighters than the wee man with the board half way up Argyll Street has to be sheer fantasy. I'll stand corrected if shown evidence but that seems most unlikely.