Stewart Robertson on SSN within next hour

He won't be here longterm if Billy King is the extent of our ambitions

The manager will have known before he signed up just how difficult it is to get in players while we're in this league.

Calm down.

Edited by Frankie

Apparently it was a very short segment just saying the board had a good relationship with the manager and he was going nowhere...

If there was one lick of common sense at the club, we would be offering Warburton a new 5 year deal now, recognise his brilliance & hope we can keep him for at least another 2-3 years

If there was one lick of common sense at the club, we would be offering Warburton a new 5 year deal now, recognise his brilliance & hope we can keep him for at least another 2-3 years

1. MW already has a contract

2. New contract = Increase Outgoings = Less player budget

3. Length of contract has never prevented a manager from leaving if there was a will

4. Go and join Rab in the 'Calm the Feck Doon Room' for 15 minutes

:snowman:

1. MW already has a contract

2. New contract = Increase Outgoings = Less player budget

3. Length of contract has never prevented a manager from leaving if there was a will

4. Go and join Rab in the 'Calm the Feck Doon Room' for 15 minutes

:snowman:

The only thing I would say is :

#3 - tying a manager down on a longer term contract gives the selling club an opportunity to demand a higher fee for allowing said manager to leave.

I would be surprised if Warburton isn't already turning heads in England with the philosophy he has.

I understand #2 but sometimes it really does make sense to spend more to protect yourself better. A longer contract doesn't always mean increased salary, although with how Warburton has gone about his business would suggest it is warranted (i.e. he has probably surprised us all in such a short space of time).

I am loathe for us to spend more too - however, sometimes spending more to secure him (and if he gets tempted away then hopefully secure a higher release fee) makes sense too.