Court in Edinburgh today- 5 charges dropped

and what pray tell could that be?

I haven't a clue but in a long fraud indictment there's often a chance for the defence to raise questions of competency and relevancy and get the thing bunged out or have parts excluded. Let's just hope its just procedure and evidence they're bickering about..

I haven't a clue but in a long fraud indictment there's often a chance for the defence to raise questions of competency and relevancy and get the thing bunged out or have parts excluded. Let's just hope its just procedure and evidence they're bickering about..

IIRC there was a suggestion during the Green legal fees appeal that more indictments had been added.

looks like we'll hear nothing more

FOUR men have appeared in court in connection with allegations that they participated in a multi million pound fraud against Rangers.

Businessman Charles Green, 62, David Grier, 54, David Whitehouse, 50, and Paul Clark,51, appeared in the dock at the High Court in Edinburgh.

The press cannot report the contents of proceedings due to legal reasons.

The quartet and the Glasgow side's former owner Craig Whyte,44, are accused of defrauding several millions of pounds from the 'Gers.

Another man - Gary Withey, 51, is also said to have participated in the alleged criminal activity.

Both Mr Whyte, of Banks, Lancashire, and Mr Withey, of Woking, Surrey, were not present in court today.

Their attendance from the proceedings had been granted by judge Lord Bannatyne at an earlier hearing.

Prosecutors claim the alleged crimes took place after entrepreneur Sir David Murray sold the club to Mr Whyte in May 2011.

A legal document detailing the allegations facing the man states that they allegedly did "conspire to and obtain sums amounting To £28,262,04 by fraud."

It is alleged that they were then able to acquire 85.3 per cent of the issued capital of the club for £1 by fraud and "did thus obtain a majority and controlling stake in the shareholding of the club."

Mr Green, a former chief executive of Rangers, is charged with various allegations including that he and others "did agree to do something that (they) knew or suspected would enable or further the commission of serious organised crime."

The legal document also states that Mr Grier's and Mr Clark's address is Duff and Phelps at the Shard in London.

Share article

Mr Whitehouse's address is given as care of Duff and Phelps in Manchester whilst Mr Green's address is given as care of a Glaswegian solicitors firm.

The hearing, which is expected to take five days, is continuing before Lord Bannatyne.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14250471.Four_in_court_over_alleged_Rangers_fraud/

Perhaps they're keeping the info out of the public domain so they can selected a jury without pre-conceived ideas over the content. IMO, they'd be better having the trial in London.

Given circumstances around the up and coming trial, I doubt the public (unless attendees at court) are going to know much detail of ongoing prceedings and are basically going to have to wait until the written judgement akin to War & Peace is made public (if this happens in criminal cases / not sure).

The Crown made what I'd assume to be an unusual step of going public with a warning to social media users regards 'public/online prejudicial conversations' and I think the same thinking will be behind probable heavy reporting restrictions all the way through proceedings so as to lessen the risk......... Social media and it's easy access must make this difficult to police so anything that can be done to prevent is advisable.

If you want to keep up to date you'll have to attend and I wonder if within the law/court regulations......... they'll want names and addresses to go with a warning about 'contempt'.