Round and round the garden: Supporters representation games continue...

How do Bayern Munich deal with their 200m members and vice versa?

I have refrained from commenting because I simply don't know enough, but find it all very disheartening. The principle is admirable but we're certainly making it difficult for ourselves.

I have refrained from commenting because I simply don't know enough, but find it all very disheartening. The principle is admirable but we're certainly making it difficult for ourselves.

We always do. The club that was hated almost to death by the supporters' of others (who still wish this, self-harming though it be) seems to have a self-harming 'support' into the (horrific) bargain!

I'm confused dB to be honest. Putting in these people does nothing in terms of reducing the requests. You are, in essence, suggesting that former players eg, Albertz, is nothing more than a paper pushing secretary. All he would be doing is amalgamating any questions from each and every fan group, presenting the questions to the Club and then receiving the response and distributing it back to the fan groups.

As I said, it just adds an unnecessary layer to an already cumbersome process.

You mean people not being able to put forward someone from their own ranks to a board of people who will consist of forwarded people most likely to be objected by "rival" groups? You have to start somewhere and the longer it takes, the worse it will probably become. As for the "paper pushing secretary", the board-members will gather info from the groups at first and later on may indeed get more freedom from the distinct groups, not least if they merge. So the role of paper and info gatherer is very much a topic at first, and relaying the info to the club in a compact version, rather 10 different ones.

You mean people not being able to put forward someone from their own ranks to a board of people who will consist of forwarded people most likely to be objected by "rival" groups? You have to start somewhere and the longer it takes, the worse it will probably become. As for the "paper pushing secretary", the board-members will gather info from the groups at first and later on may indeed get more freedom from the distinct groups, not least if they merge. So the role of paper and info gatherer is very much a topic at first, and relaying the info to the club in a compact version, rather 10 different ones.

What would the point be ?

You are suggesting using a former player to be nothing more than an intermediary to the current process. How do they make it better or more efficient ? Simply because the requests go through one person ? That makes no difference when you still have 10 different requests. And if you are suggesting that the ex-player becomes the "voice of the fans" that doesn't help a great deal either because you still have different fan groups with different aims. I just don't understand what difference your suggestion is going to make - an ex-player means nothing when they aren't really forming their own opinions but literally passing the opinions of fan groups to the Club.

I'm very confused by what you are suggesting. Maybe it is a language barrier on my part

Edited by craig

BTW, I simply suggested a few names taken from thin air, not affiliated to any group but most likely facing hardly as much objection as people from rival groups might. Right now they all need someone or some people who all agree to - not least in carrying their messages to the club impartially etc.. Don't you think?

BTW, I simply suggested a few names taken from thin air, not affiliated to any group but most likely facing hardly as much objection as people from rival groups might. Right now they all need someone or some people who all agree to - not least in carrying their messages to the club impartially etc.. Don't you think?

To be honest, I don't think it really matters. I don't think that an ex-player relaying fan group positions will bear any greater, or lesser, weight than had the fan group representatives reached out to the club themselves.

The problem you have is that you mention impartiality. That is all well and good, but these impartial players would be expected to deal with the club on the issues that the fan groups that they are representing - which means that the ex-players impartiality is irrelevant, because it isn't their own views or opinions which they are presenting, it is the fan groups they are representing's views/opinions/requests.

As far as I know(DB will know better than me ) is that the members are all members of the club itself. In Germany the fans have to own 52% of the club. I am not sure exactly how it works but don't think there is not board room battles at these clubs.