Rangers fan, 18, arrested over "breach of ground rules" banner

Also cant have political advertising in football grounds. Why do the police not take down the snp hoardings that have sprung up?

Palmerston also has a huge Scottish Labour one in the stand behind the Rangers fans...

Also cant have political advertising in football grounds. Why do the police not take down the snp hoardings that have sprung up?

It's more that they don't want to encourage people, more especially groups of people to protest or register political opinion in a publicly visible way (if it can be prevented). Can't have groups of people starting to develop a sense of unity and thinking that it might be a good idea going forward.

Better that you watch reality TV, take 'selfies' and shut-up.

Edited by buster.

Where does it say you can't have political advertising in football grounds?

The club will have charged a lot for the behind the goals advertising spaces and having them covered up for probably their biggest crowd and TV audience of the season is going to cause a problem for them. I don't know what the lad did or if he deserved to be arrested but let's not conflate what the banner said with where it was displayed, they are different things. There's not a ground in the country you won't be told to remove a banner if it's covering paid for advertising.

Palmerston also has a huge Scottish Labour one in the stand behind the Rangers fans...

Political parties pay for the advertising as do companies. I would think that all of them would be most upset that some young "ultras" covered up their paid advertisement on the biggest tv audience day of the season.

"Police lies......." Not the brightest thing to put on a banner is it? If they are against the act that's fair enough but are they now saying the act encourages the police to lie to get convictions?

Indeed, from personal experience, they don't need any encouragement. ;-)

Haha...this thread has now evolved into a lying cop thread.

My experience in court was an officer saying it was me who drove the van at him...when in fact it was my brother who looks nothing like me. I was the registered owner of the van right enough.

Another occasion years before as a 15 year old I spent a night in the cells for shouting at cops who were investigating a smashed shop window "Get yer hawn oot that f*ckin' windae"

Yes, it wasn't me it was my brother!...this is my wee brother btw...he's really a good guy, turned himself round under my guidance it should be said. :D