Davie Cooper...My Hero.

Durrant was a player. Aberdeen tried to clog him a few times in that game.

Unfortunately they got him at a later date. Durrant would have been world class if he had not been wilfully injured by Simpson.

The first time I ever seen Davie Cooper play was in a midweek (March, Tuesday) first division game for the Bankies against Alex Ferguson Saints at Love St during the 76-77' season. My auld man had got wind that we were going to sign Cooper for the 77-78' season and wanted to see who we were buying.

Since we went to the games together obviously it was only natural that I had to go too. Saints won that game 3-1 but the scoreline didn't reflect the natural talent that was playing on the left wing that night. Quite frankly Cooper was outstanding and both myself and my da left that game with a broad grin on our coupons. Fergusons team won the league by 5 points that year and were promoted along with the Bankies in second place to the Premier League.

Rangers first two games of the 77-78' season were losses... opening game away to Aberdeen and at home to Hibs. For me it certainly didn't look promising however that as they say 'is all history' what a season that turned out to be and what a player we had with Davie Cooper.

Edited by Big Jaws

Unfortunately they got him at a later date. Durrant would have been world class if he had not been wilfully injured by Simpson.

Gascoigne admitted that in an international youth game between England and Scotland that he couldn't get anywhere near Durrant. He readily admitted Durrant was a better player than him. And it was true. Sadly we never got the chance to see just how good he would become.

Durrant was tremendous at ghosting in behind his strikers before any markers had the chance to trail him, making him a hugely effective goal-scoring midfielder.

Durrant was one of my heroes. Spoke to him for a bit at MP last October when home too and he is just a down to earth guy that clearly loves his football.