Davie Cooper...My Hero.

Would have been 60 today and sadly taken from us way to early. I can't speak for anyone else but personally I felt he was the greatest ranger ever and was my idol growing up, still have a picture when I met him at a doo with my mum and dad when I was 10?.

A true legend and a bear from the old school! My greatest memory of coop was standing in the old section "J" Rangers end under cover at Hamden behind the goal and watching that free kick as it screamed into the net v Sheep!

Would have been 60 today and sadly taken from us way to early. I can't speak for anyone else but personally I felt he was the greatest ranger ever and was my idol growing up, still have a picture when I met him at a doo with my mum and dad when I was 10.

A true legend and a bear from the old school! My greatest memory of coop was standing in the old section "J" Rangers end under cover at Hamden behind the goal and watching that free kick as it screamed into the net v Sheep!

That goal against Aberdeen was something special, will never forget it. Davie Cooper, now that is the epitome of a true Rangers legend.

I think in the 3 years previous to Cooper signing (100,000), only Colin Stein re-joining had generated any real expectation prior to the Cooper arrival.

I can't remember in which order they were signed but Gordon Smith (65,000) and Bobby Russell (200 sterling) joined Cooper and went on to help Rangers win the treble in their first season (77-78).

As a child on a supporters bus going through to Glasgow from Edinburgh, it cost me a whopping 50p for the return trip !!

That goal against Aberdeen was something special, will never forget it. Davie Cooper, now that is the epitome of a true Rangers legend.

Leighton had the cheek to say to Coop, "You know I almost caught that one"

Coop said, "Aye, on the way out." :rfcbouncy: