Rangers giving a trial to highly rated youngster Matthew Knox...

Latest I have heard is that Rangers want him in now, some emergency loan window is till open?????,if not then definitely in the summer,no idea what this emergency loan window is?,just what I have been told!

Sooner or later one of these youngsters has to be the real deal. I'm tired of the term 'wonderkid'. If they're any good the cream will rise to the top. Who had heard of 18 yr old Marcus Rashford a few weeks ago? Harry Kane came through the youth teams. Just don't want to be hearing about a prospect when they are in the mid-twenties. I have heard it said that if you can't play by the time you're 18 then you never will. Controversial maybe, but the only place for youngsters to do their talking is in the first team. I fervently hope it's Mathew Knox - for the sake of us and Scotland.

Bobby Russell?

Bobby Russell?

Last of a dying breed - signing from a junior side - Shettleston. What an elegant player Bobby was! Who can forget the night in the Phillips Arena when he stroked that ball home on the way to turning PSV over on their own patch? Bobby would have been worth a kings ransom today.

Bobby Russell?

Aaah! There was a name. Came from Shettleston Juniors did he not? When the juniors were fertile breeding grounds for future senior stars. But my point remains - he was an exception, it was just that he was not picked up sooner.

Sorry - just realised I've really duplicated an earlier post!

Edited by alexscottislegend

Livingston starlet Matthew Knox heading to Rangers in £100k deal

Matthew Knox looks set to be leaving Livingston for Rangers

EXCLUSIVE by KENNY MILLAR

11:11, 10 Apr 2016

RANGERS are set to seal a deal for Livingston wonderkid Matthew Knox.

SunSport understands Light Blues chiefs have sanctioned a £100,000 move in a bid to beat off stiff competition from some of England’s biggest clubs.

The 16-year-old, who recently helped Scotland’s Under-17s qualify for the European Championships, impressed Gers boss Mark Warburton in a training stint at Murray Park and is likely to be fast-tracked into their Development League squad.

Knox is not short of offers, having enjoyed successful trials with Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham and Swansea but is said to have enjoyed his time with Rangers and believes under Warburton there is a realistic pathway to the first team at Ibrox.

Last month, after watching him at close quarters, Warburton said: “Knox is a smart, talented boy. He’s confident, good in possession and technically gifted.”

Knox became Livi’s youngest-ever player on Boxing Day, with a late run-out in the 4-1 rout of St Mirren – which came just four days after his birthday and was enough to break Leigh Griffiths’ record.

The Prestonpans prospect has been on their books since he was 11, but was given his chance when ex-Lions manager Mark Burchill took him under his wing after he showed up well during a work experience placement.

Wonder if we are any closer to securing this Irish kid too that we were hearing about the other week. Every single BPL club made a bid for him but he had narrowed it down to just 2 or 3 with Rangers being one of them (family are bluenoses). Seems like a very exciting prospect.