We're Ready For Rangers

I agree about this journey being a pain but to get from Z back to A we've got to travel one step at a time. Its been a long 4 yrs but it'll be worth it in the long run.

The semi final will not really have any bearing on what happens next season because we will be much stronger than we are just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree with that. I think if we could win the cup and get into Europe it would make a huge difference to the money we spend. It could propel us at least 1 year forward if not more because Celtic would have less time to react. I would expect massive protests though not to give us that Euro place and for it to be upheld.

I think European qualification would be a massive boost to us and bring in quite a few million which would be highly significant considering our current income. It would also help to attract players.

Beating them and winning the cup would also be fantastic for our confidence and profile.

Attending the final itself must bring a few hundred grand share from the gate and tv money. Although with the SFA, wouldn't bank on it being that much.

I disagree with that. I think if we could win the cup and get into Europe it would make a huge difference to the money we spend. It could propel us at least 1 year forward if not more because Celtic would have less time to react. I would expect massive protests though not to give us that Euro place and for it to be upheld.

I meant on the pitch. Even if we qualify for Europe i dont think our spending will be greatly different. We may attract a slightly better quality of player but MW has stressed he wants all his players on roughly the same wage so unless he re-negotiates every contract then i dont see us attracting real quality whether we get in Europe or not. Only my opinion though and i could be way off the mark.

Agree with Pete & Calscot that winning on Sunday (and the subsequent final) is absolutely massive for us for next season's ambitions. It is far more important to us than it is to them. While we are heavy underdogs and our defence is abysmal therefore we cannot expect to win the game on level grounds, but football throws up plenty of shocks, especially in cup ties or derbies (and we have both!), so it is possible we can win against the odds.

Winning the cup and gaining european football next season will enable us to attract and bring in more better quality players than if we dont. It is really as simple as that.

The manky mob have been very lucky in key games this season. A thing I've noticed is that any team going straight at them will get a result. They've got away with it because not many sides do attack them. I said here last week or so that if MW tells our guys to keep going forward we have a chance of winning. Only a fool would think we won't lose a goal. I don't see that as a problem though. The scum are nowhere near as good as they think they are.

Oh, and put money on that Johanson guy getting sent off. He's a liability.

Edited by boabie

Maybe I'm being a bit thick but I thought we had done our 3 year disqualification period from Europe therefore any success in the cup would automatically put us in euro spot??? Is that not the case??

As far as I thought, we can qualify if we've produced 3 years accountants books, which we will have complied with soon. Was that not why we couldn't play in Europe ?

Celtic have lost to Aberdeen (twice), Motherwell and Ross County this season (forgetting Europe). They were favourites in those games and I think we have as good a chance as Aberdeen and a better one than the other two. Hearts have also drawn twice and I think they are a bit of a benchmark for us.

I also predict it will be one of those tense affairs where the form book goes out the window, and it's all about the battles on the pitch on the day, which team puts in a better shift, how the ref is, and what role luck has to play. And I don't think they'll be used to our style of play which is possibly a bit more European - where they haven't coped so well.

I think it's doable but not something to bet the house on.

As far as I thought, we can qualify if we've produced 3 years accountants books, which we will have complied with soon. Was that not why we couldn't play in Europe ?

Yes we can qualify for the EL next season but only if we win the SC (the SC runners-up no longer get in the EL).

Had 'project McCoist' not bombed & we'd got into the SPFL premiership last summer as planned we'd have been going for a European spot via our league position this season

Yes we can qualify for the EL next season but only if we win the SC (the SC runners-up no longer get in the EL).

Had 'project McCoist' not bombed & we'd got into the SPFL premiership last summer as planned we'd have been going for a European spot via our league position this season

You have no way of knowing whether McCoist would have gained promotion or not had he not resigned.

Despite two successive managers who delivered far poorer results we still got to play-offs. McCoist's records against SP sides in the lower divisions made him favourite to beat Motherwell with 2 chances out of 3. He had already beat them.

His record against Queen of the south was also 2 in 3 and 1 in 2 against Hibs. Using the results, the odds were definitely pretty reasonable. His results also showed he was capable of second place and one less play-off which may have helped.

As I've said before, this doesn't mean I'm defending him as a good manager, I'm just defending reality. The relentless obsession with twisting everything to grind McCoist into the rubble reminds me of another lot. I'm consistent enough to find it incredibly tedious no matter who is doing it. The meme is well and truly ingrained.