Made a wee boo boo when reporting on the game last night. I can't remember exactly what he said but he said "we" when talking about Rangers.:)

Edited by pete

Made a wee boo boo when reporting on the game last night. I can't remember exactly what he said but he said "we" when talking about Rangers.:)

He also said if I was a Celtic fan which I am not.

I think he used to be.

Point is, when was that and how much a fan was he? Back in our "formation years", I would assume quite a few of us "followed" a number of teams, names you scribbled on your writing case at school and the like. I vaguely remember the names of BFC Dynamo, Nottingham Forest and the like. Alongside Rangers'. Far too often it seems (!) that people (not you gs) compare someone's allegiances (of days gone by) to the current mob that inhabits the Scumhut. Hardcore half-brains that slaver hate at any given moment. Thus, if McCann says he was no Yahoo fan, he probably wasn't or belonged to the "name on writing case" or "I once owned a Celtic scarf" variety, rather than your average season ticket holder or Gangrene Brigade disciple.

Point is, when was that and how much a fan was he? Back in our "formation years", I would assume quite a few of us "followed" a number of teams, names you scribbled on your writing case at school and the like. I vaguely remember the names of BFC Dynamo, Nottingham Forest and the like. Alongside Rangers'. Far too often it seems (!) that people (not you gs) compare someone's allegiances (of days gone by) to the current mob that inhabits the Scumhut. Hardcore half-brains that slaver hate at any given moment. Thus, if McCann says he was no Yahoo fan, he probably wasn't or belonged to the "name on writing case" or "I once owned a Celtic scarf" variety, rather than your average season ticket holder or Gangrene Brigade disciple.

Rangers have been my team since I could walk and I imagine most on here are likewise. That said, I like Neil McCann a lot - was a quality player and I think Sky should get him involved in the English games because he has a lot to offer as a pundit.

Rangers have been my team since I could walk and I imagine most on here are likewise. That said, I like Neil McCann a lot - was a quality player and I think Sky should get him involved in the English games because he has a lot to offer as a pundit.

I think McCann is the most professional Scottish pundit they have on Sky. Absolutely light years ahead of that tool Walker. He clearly favors Rangers which is fine by me, but he is also balanced enough to offer a realistic opinion of a game he is commentating on.

He also comes across as being very articulate, professional and knowledgeable.

Best they have by a mile when it comes to Scottish football.