Players leaving Ibrox?

Always sad when youngsters get released, but hopefully they take heart from Andy Halliday's example i.e. there is a big football world out there, work hard, improve your game and perhaps you can get back to Rangers at some time in the future.

I'm surprised. Who's left?

I am not to be honest.Why else would Warburton be bringing in loanees from other clubs. I would expect more to follow when they come back from loan deals. Crawford springs to mind. Lets be honest what I saw of the development team was not great. It would be interesting to get Elfideldo's opinion.

If Warburton thought none of these guys were even good enough to be an unused substitute at some of our recent games, it is hardly surprising that they have all been released.

Head of Recruitment and Head of Youth have a busy summer ahead!

If Warburton thought none of these guys were even good enough to be an unused substitute at some of our recent games, it is hardly surprising that they have all been released.

Head of Recruitment and Head of Youth have a busy summer ahead!

I don't think that the Head of Youth have a busier summer than normal.

There are a number of U17's who have been utilized at the Development level and performed well enough - remember, they are 3 yrs younger than their opponents in many cases - examples being Liam Burt and Kieran Wright - though Jordan Thompson, the McCrorie brothers, Jamie Barjonas are all doing well from what I hear.

Then you have some of the unders who will also be stepping up to U17 level. Billy Gilmour got an 18 minute cameo as a 14 yr old last week for the Development team against Killie (with Killie fielding 3 players with 1st team experience) and he apparently looked right at home (Billy Gilmour was being looked at by Man U a wee while ago). And there are others who will be making the step up such as Matthew Shiels and Dapo Mebude - these are just names off the top of my head.

The team Billy Gilmour plays in, from what I recall, has a lot of talent in it.

Then you look at the fact that they are already bringing in these kids from down south (Man City and the Leicester kid), plus Knox from Livvy - they have also been trying to get an Irish kid (MW even went to meet the family) so you can see that there is constantly work being done by the youth department anyway.

I think that what you are seeing with these players that are being released is more a case of seeing the last remnants of the Sinclair regime being changed out with Craig Mulholland's philosophy now taking effect.

I don't think it will be much busier than usual. Could be wrong though.