Players leaving Ibrox?

I saw on Twitter that Luca has been released (and some rumours about a number of u20 youngsters). Has there been any confirmation of the players going?

With regards to the first team squad, I would imagine that all of the out of contract players will be released (Shiels, Law, Clark, Templeton if memory serves). Zelalem and King will probably return to Arsenal and Hearts respectively. If we do win the Scottish Cup and compete in Europe, we are going to need upwards of 10 additional players (replacing the outgoing 6, plus an additional 4 to meet the playing demands). Going to be a busy summer!

No confirmation of who is being released yet other than Luca. Manager wants to keep the squad together until after the final so even Ball and King who cannot feature have been been retained for now.

I think eight people will leave from the first team squad so that will certainly suggest we'll need around ten new players (including Windass and Crooks) depending on whether or not people like Hardie, Thompson and Walsh are more involved next season.

Lifted from FF

u20s to be released...

Darren Ramsay

Luca Gasparotto

Dylan Dykes

Jamie Mills

Mekhi McLeod

Tom Lang

David Brownlie

Jamie Brandon

will be confirmed soon.

Lifted from FF

u20s to be released...

Darren Ramsay

Luca Gasparotto

Dylan Dykes

Jamie Mills

Mekhi McLeod

Tom Lang

David Brownlie

Jamie Brandon

will be confirmed soon.

Mekhi McLeod that is the guy we just signed from Wolves is it not? I guess he was not as good as first thought.

Mekhi McLeod that is the guy we just signed from Wolves is it not? I guess he was not as good as first thought.

You can only give these guys a chance , it's up to them to take it or on this case not

You can only give these guys a chance , it's up to them to take it or on this case not

A guy I knew who was involved in dealing with kids at youth level told me that just about every single boy taken on by a club does possess the ability to become a footballer. He said what lets the majority of them down is that they show no improvement in understanding/learning/listening to what the coaches are trying to teach them and continue to make the same mistakes they were making the day they arrived.

A guy I knew who was involved in dealing with kids at youth level told me that just about every single boy taken on by a club does possess the ability to become a footballer. He said what lets the majority of them down is that they show no improvement in understanding/learning/listening to what the coaches are trying to teach them and continue to make the same mistakes they were making the day they arrived.

At around 17/18 the vast majority of youngsters stop progressing for a variety of reasons most of which coaches can do little about

I used to know a youth coach who was at Newcastle , he used to tell me how hard it was to motivate kids who were driving to training in luxury motors , far too much , much too young

At around 17/18 the vast majority of youngsters stop progressing for a variety of reasons most of which coaches can do little about

I knew 3 who went on to play first team football. One was committed and went on to reasonable success here and abroad. At 17/18 it was obvious the other two just didn't have what it took to act like athletes and ended up catching the Scottish disease before the inevitable spiral downwards career wise.

EIGHT Rangers Academy players will depart the club this summer to play their football elsewhere next season.

Dylan Dykes, Luca Gasparotto, David Brownlie, Darren Ramsay, Mekhi McLeod, Jamie Brandon, Tom Lang and Jamie Mills who all played in the clubs development squad this year or on loan will now develop their footballing careers at another club.

Head of Academy, Craig Mulholland commented: “It is always a difficult time of year when informing players that they will no longer be at the club.

“Some of the lads such as Dylan, Darren and the two Jamie’s have been with the club from a very young age and it is an emotional time for the staff and the players.

“We wish all the boys well in their future careers.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/eight-academy-players-leave/?