Rangers supporters to pay touching tribute to tragic young fan Dylan Brown...

Personally I don't think this is a time to stand on any moral high ground. For it to be a minutes silence the club would have to have arranged it for the start of the game. Can the club organise a minutes silence for every supporter who dies? For me the answer is no they can't. That would become a chaos before most matches. and devalue the minute of silence for Players\ex-players etc.

It has been chosen to clap on the 13th minute and that is a fitting tribute to a young supporter who had a torrid time in life. His parents will be sad but extremely proud that their son has been taken into the hearts of the Rangers familys. We should not deny his family this minute in the memory of their son over a principle. Clap and give his parents something they will remember of young Dylan for the rest of their lives. It won't bring their son back but but it will be a blue light in the darkness of their grief. Every time they attend Ibrox and hear the crowd clapping they will think of their son.

Edited by pete

I have fears that the Hibs contingent who may not understand what is happening in the 13th minute may make mindless attempts to spoil the tribute. If we can presume the majority are normal empathetic human beings maybe there could be attempts to spread this story and the plan to as many major Hibs fan forums as possible.

Personally I don't think this is a time to stand on any moral high ground. For it to be a minutes silence the club would have to have arranged it for the start of the game. Can the club organise a minutes silence for every supporter who dies? For me the answer is no they can't. That would become a chaos before most matches. and devalue the minute of silence for Players\ex-players etc.

It has been chosen to clap on the 13th minute and that is a fitting tribute to a young supporter who had a torrid time in life. His parents will be sad but extremely proud that their son has been taken into the hearts of the Rangers familys. We should not deny his family this minute in the memory of their son over a principle. Clap and give his parents something they will remember of young Dylan for the rest of their lives. It won't bring their son back but but it will be a blue light in the darkness of their grief. Every time they attend Ibrox and hear the crowd clapping they will think of their son.

I get that Pete, I really do. I absolutely agree that a minutes silence should be reserved for ex-players and national figures, and that this should never be extended to fans. I am of the belief that a memorial/charitable donation/financial contribution would help more than some applause at a football match, which seems so parochial by comparison to the death of a child. I suppose it comes down to individual grief for those involved. If this gives them some comfort, fair enough. If someone wanted to clap at the death of my child, I would want to kill them. Hopefully I never have to deal with that situation personally.

I have fears that the Hibs contingent who may not understand what is happening in the 13th minute may make mindless attempts to spoil the tribute. If we can presume the majority are normal empathetic human beings maybe there could be attempts to spread this story and the plan to as many major Hibs fan forums as possible.

Stuff Hibs. If half the crowd are clapping during the match there is very little they can do to interrupt it, nor would they want to. Most likely they will be sitting there wondering what is going on, as will a good number of Rangers fans who dont know about it as they dont go online. They dont need to know about it and they dont need to join in. It is not about them. Nobody around me knew about the most recent Sandy Jardine 2nd minute applause, but most still clapped anyway. the applause is usually infectious anyway.

Hampden has the large screens so how hard would it be for them to show a message as to the applause so that all would know.

Like many of the other posters,and something I have mentioned in the past,although the sentiments are understood,especially on this occasion,we should not be turning our stadia into places of mourning.Long standing club servants should still be remembered in a one off silence at the time of their passing.

I get that Pete, I really do. I absolutely agree that a minutes silence should be reserved for ex-players and national figures, and that this should never be extended to fans. I am of the belief that a memorial/charitable donation/financial contribution would help more than some applause at a football match, which seems so parochial by comparison to the death of a child. I suppose it comes down to individual grief for those involved. If this gives them some comfort, fair enough. If someone wanted to clap at the death of my child, I would want to kill them. Hopefully I never have to deal with that situation personally.

Do we know that the family have not given this their blessing ? You raise a very good point. These type of things should only be done with the family's blessing - for some they see it as an honour, others and it would just be too raw for them to accept it.

Completely agree on not having to deal with the situation personally - probably my biggest fear is out-lasting my son. I cant even begin to comprehend the pain, grief and devastation this poor family are suffering at this time.