Rumour : Durrant has Gone.

I see it is being talked about on FF.

Yes I saw that last night. They were also saying he was on 6.000 pound a week. Ludicrous for a reserve team coach.

Edited by pete

If this is true I see it as a good thing for the future. Have complete faith in MW to get the coaching side personnel correct, it is also long term planning which makes me convinced that MW is here for the duration.

This was reported back in february , not officially but rumoured thar ian was leaving , a fantastic player and servsnt to Rangers , my biggest regret is his injury , what a player he was but what he could have become is anyones guess

This was reported back in february , not officially but rumoured thar ian was leaving , a fantastic player and servsnt to Rangers , my biggest regret is his injury , what a player he was but what he could have become is anyones guess

How many midfielders have we had that "could have become......" but for X or Y ?

Off the top of my head there are four that could have reached great heights in the game.

Durrant

Ferguson.D

Miller. C

Ness

We've produced some great talent but have seldom got the best out of them. A sustainable and successful football operation means that we have to reverse this where possible.

-------------------------------

I'd see Durrant leaving as another step on the way to hopefully improving our footballing infrastructure.

Sorry buster but Durrant was a in a totally different class to those you listed and i loved D Ferguson but he couldnt lace ians boots

He was cut down even before his prime and at that stage was a better player than Gascoigne

Edited by rbr

Sorry buster but Durrant was a in a torally different class to those you listed and i loved D Ferguson but he couldnt lace ians boots

No need to be sorry, the four I listed weren't in any order and I'd agree that what we actually saw from ID put the others in the shade.

However where it becomes difficult (edit. impossible), is to quantify 'potential'.

Edited by buster.

Still think to this day that Simpson had a determined look that he was going deliberately into that tackle.

He destroyed the career of a truly gifted player. he should have been banned for life and even possibly jailed.