Jordan Rossiter to sign today

I don't believe this 8 million pound shit for a player that has played 5 games for the first team but I will say it looks like McParland is earning his wages. That is more than I can say for some of the idiots we have had on board the last 4 years.

Seems high to me too. However the market is so inflated in England that it also wouldn't surprise me. Can't remember who it was but a few years ago Man U sold a youth player who hadn't played a 1st team game to someone for 5 million, so it is certainly plausible.

130516_jordan_rossiter_05.jpg

GROWING up an Everton fan Jordan Rossiter would watch Davie Weir lead out his team – he admits to be star-struck when he met his new Assistant Manager.

Rossiter has been helped by Jurgen Klopp this season and he confesses to having the same excitement to work with Mark Warburton and Weir, as when he found out the German was taking over at Anfield.

The midfielder says he can’t wait to get started at Rangers next season, after leaving Liverpool, the club he had been at since he was five-years-old.

The 19-year-old said: “I was an Everton fan so growing up I would watch Davie Weir.

“I had a season ticket for five or six years and I used to go with my Dad and Davie Weir was captain so it was good to finally meet him, I was a bit star struck when I first saw him!”

“Jurgen Klopp was a brilliant manager and what you see in the media is exactly what he’s like, he’s helped me loads this season and tried to improve me.

“But I am looking forward to working with Mark Warburton just as much as I was with Klopp.”

“Mark Warburton is a great manager and he has done fantastically this season and in the other jobs he has had.

“I am sure he is a manager who is going to improve me in the future, as well as all the other backroom staff like David Weir and I am really looking forward to working with them.”

Rossiter moves to Ibrox after his contract ended at Liverpool and despite his future plans having been in his hometown he believes the Rangers challenge has come at a perfect time in his career.

He is a combative middleman and was being watched by a number of English clubs before the Gers managed to snare his signature.

The England Under-19 said: At times things don’t work out in football but everything happens for a reason and I am in a lucky position that I have left Liverpool to come to another massive club.

“I want to be successful here and hopefully stay for a lot of years and win stuff.”

“I have watched quite a few of the games this season; I watched the semi-final against Celtic which was brilliant.

“The football he played that day is something I can really fit into and when I get my chance I will show what I can do, it’s really good football and exciting times.”

“Playing in midfield I like to get tackles in, try and play forward as much as I can, get on the ball, control the game and hopefully the fans will see that and other things from me.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/star-struck-rossiter-raring-go/

But will the agents tell them the truth?
probably not but there are many ways to find out the wage. Any contact at the club, the club itself through club media personnel could leak ball park figures, players family members, friends, girlfriends,X team mates, receptionist at lawyers office etc etc etc

Figure of 10k might in this case be wrong but it will definitely lie around what we are offering. As said earlier even Dundee Utd have players on higher basic than that a week. He was seemingly wanting £12k a week from Liverpool so ten plus bonuses would be about right for a well regarded young England reserve

Two things about this for me - Firstly no way are we paying him £10Kpw or he is worth £8M having played 5 first team games at 19yo. How we laugh when the media announce a celtic signing (undisclosed) as worth this or on that, this is the same. We either trust the people at the club to get the wage and transfer budget right or we dont. I do for now so I dont care what the press report the signing as costing or the wages, it probably wont be accurate!

The second is how does a 19 year old miss half a season with a hamstring injury? That worries me a lot more than what the press are reporting he is being paid.