Jordan Rossiter to sign today

Since this is one transfer that appears to be close to completion, I've opened its own thread.

Seems like this would be an excellent signing at the price but, if he's as good as some say, I'm not sure how long he'll be here (4 year contract or not).

[tweet]731071547176288256[/tweet]

Glad to see that we'll be developing him as our own player.

Much more constructive than a loan.

On the face of it this would be McParland directly adding value within the improving footballing infrastructure. Thereafter, it's about the coaching and the individual taking his opportunities.

Encouraging signs........

Edited by buster.

Good news indeed.

my only concern would be his recent injury record but here's hoping nothing to worry about

One thing amongst many is how good our injury list was last season , not the Waghorn type injuries that can happen in any game at any time , by the pulls , strains and various injuries we always complain about because players aren't prepared enough , one reason I believe is because of the tempo we train and generally play at .

Rossiter seems to be a good prospect and would fit into the team seamlessly, so I'm delighted to get him. However, I would still like to see more immediate first-team players, as I'm not sure how prepared he will be for first-team action in a physical league.

It's nice to see us do our work professionally: quickly and under the radar.

One thing amongst many is how good our injury list was last season , not the Waghorn type injuries that can happen in any game at any time , by the pulls , strains and various injuries we always complain about because players aren't prepared enough , one reason I believe is because of the tempo we train and generally play at .

Perhaps one season isn't enough to make judgements from but it was certainly noticeable that we didn't seem to suffer from injuries as much as in other seasons. In fact, I'd say it's the best single season I've ever known regards number of missed games.

I go on a lot about the footballing infrastructure but injury preventation and treatment are an important part of it, especially when the stated policy is to go with a squad light in number.

What we seem to be seeing is co-ordination through-out the footballing operation and a joined up strategy that hopefully allows us to make the most of what we can afford.

We still need to be patient and realistic because this IMO is the only type of strategy that will allow us to achieve close to sustainability and be successful. ie. calls for inflated warchests when defeats come our way are reactionary and simply not viable or the way to go.

Edited by buster.

Rossiter seems to be a good prospect and would fit into the team seamlessly, so I'm delighted to get him. However, I would still like to see more immediate first-team players, as I'm not sure how prepared he will be for first-team action in a physical league.

It's nice to see us do our work professionally: quickly and under the radar.

Who does he replace in our "usual" starting 11 from this season?