Warburton’s fury at Strachan after he calls up Rangers stars Wallace and McKay

MARK WARBURTON has blasted Gordon Strachan for calling up Rangers pair Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay while allowing Celtic and Aberdeen stars to hit the beach.

Scotland boss Strachan has named the pair for the friendlies against Italy and France and left out Celts and Dons to help them prepare for Europe.

But Ibrox boss Warbs hinted he’ll pull Wallace and McKay OUT of the squad.

He said: “I read the comments about European football but Hibs or ourselves will be in Europe, Hearts too.

“All I heard was about Aberdeen and Celtic, so I’m a bit bemused as to why any club that could be in Europe is not dealt with or handled in the same way.

“We met the doctors to discuss it. Call-ups can clash with the doctors’ plans for them.”

Why are Scotland playing these two games anyway?

I genuinely want to see Scotland doing well but these two games serve no purpose whatsoever.

They serve a purpose to our opponents who are warming up for the Euros, but for us it is clearly a money making exercise.

They serve a purpose to our opponents who are warming up for the Euros, but for us it is clearly a money making exercise.

Well we need to get a new squad together for the next campaign. You can't just put a team together out of nothing, especially a world cup team. Wallace and Barrie could be first picks.

Well we need to get a new squad together for the next campaign. You can't just put a team together out of nothing, especially a world cup team. Wallace and Barrie could be first picks.

I doubt very much if Wallace & McKay will be first picks when the WC qualifiers begin.

Strachan has shown himself to have favourites in his squads who seem to get selected every time regardless

I hope that MW has approached them and offered to pull them out, keeps the heat off them as I'm quite sure they know what the ginger dwarfs game is. I said in another post I couldn't care about Scotland, never followed the national side, its just a chance to interfere with our plans and possibly get our players injured. If the manager says our doctor has plans for them then the midget just has to suck it up, he will have many a sewer dweller in the wings ready to lap at his rabid "bawsack"!!:fingers:

I hope that MW has approached them and offered to pull them out, keeps the heat off them as I'm quite sure they know what the ginger dwarfs game is. I said in another post I couldn't care about Scotland, never followed the national side, its just a chance to interfere with our plans and possibly get our players injured. If the manager says our doctor has plans for them then the midget just has to suck it up, he will have many a sewer dweller in the wings ready to lap at his rabid "bawsack"!!:fingers:

You wouldn't be proud if we had a Scotland side playing in the world Cup, containing 4 or 5 Rangers players? I certainly would, and it would raise the profile of our club. We used to be the mainstay of the international side but maybe you weren't born then.

That's what the March friendliest were for. LW & BM will have played one competitive game in nearly two months when these bounce games come along. The rest will clearly do them good.

Yeh, I was born to then however I didn't care about the Scotland national side then and I don't now. Its insignificant in my eyes. Each to their own, personally its all about the Rangers for me.

Edited by cooponthewing