Awe naw here we go again

Would probably have to give up my season ticket as price would increase dramatically and also would not be able to go to away games with cost of travel,digs etc.It would be a sad day.

Season ticket pricing wouldn't necessarily have to increase dramatically, if at all. Yes, we would potentially be losing out on considerable revenue (on which to have us competing with the big guns down south) - but at the same time we would see a guaranteed dramatic increase in revenues from TV deals and, dare I say it, increased merchandising sales. So ST price increases MIGHT be a red herring.

So you may still be able to go to home games. Sadly there isn't much you can do about away games.

How much fun would it be for Rangers to have to play Newcastle at St James Park and the whole stadium having anti_Ashley banners (though hopefully both clubs have rid themselves of him long before then !)

I still think a British cup would be the best option!,even if it was to test the water regarding English/media interest

Can't see English clubs being at all interested in or taking seriously a British Cup #non-starter

Edited by buster.

If down the line we were able to get in the EP, the £100m from TV would make price rises a drop in the ocean, and it would be better to keep it cheap and have full houses. We could even expand the stadium and fill it. 60k would be a decent 12th man.

Can't see English clubs being at all interested in or taking seriously a British Cup #non-starter

The way the finances are now, a British Cup would be a complete irrelevance. Like us having a new, extra, Gaelic cup with NI, Ireland, and the left over Welsh teams.

I still think a British cup would be the best option!,even if it was to test the water regarding English/media interest

In the past it may have been good but with the money difference no team outside England would get very far.