Scottish Government response

Yeh, cheers Craig, from her genuine Twitter account posted after all this had taken place.

even worse was alex salmond yesterday after everything was known doing the same

his comments.....

Fantastic scenes in Auld Reekie today. A great reception for the team. Congratulations yet again to @HibsOfficial after a 114 year wait.

Edited by trublusince1982

Older generations definitely do.

My mum (in her 70s) lived there for a while and she's never said it, I also worked in Edinburgh for nearly 30 years and I honestly can't recall anyone saying it, (apart from a line in a daft herts song) :smokin:

Edited by johnnyk

My mum (in her 70s) lived there for a while and she's never said it, I also worked in Edinburgh for nearly 30 years and I honestly can't recall anyone saying it, (apart from a line in a daft herts song) :smokin:

I used to live there and my Grandpa would always be asking me, "How's things in Auld Reekie?" He's passed away but would be about 105 now, so we're talking much older generation. My mum is in her late 70's and while not using it much, would certainly know exactly what you were talking about and wouldn't be surprised by its use.

I used to live there and my Grandpa would always be asking me, "How's things in Auld Reekie?" He's passed away but would be about 105 now, so we're talking much older generation. My mum is in her late 70's and while not using it much, would certainly know exactly what you were talking about and wouldn't be surprised by its use.

I think we all know what it means but like I said never heard anyone call it that that i can remember,

Living in Tranent growing up, Edinburgh was 'up the toon' to us, now living further west it's called much worse :)

Edited by johnnyk