A nice little earner

My God, how does any Scottish team compete against that kind of money? What kind of wasteland has Pete and his crew led us in to?

The EPL does not need a 'big game' against Scotland's best. Why would any English team vote to allow any Scottish team into their leagues to possibly share a piece of that big a pie?

Talk about a reality check.

And it is going up a lot next season, is it not?

It certainly is. And the table shows why the Premiership is getting more even. Smaller clubs are getting a decent slice of the pie and they can afford to hold on to their best players and tell the likes of United, City, Arsenal, etc to take a hike. That wasn't the case even 5 years ago.

I would love to see Rangers get a piece of this, but I can't see turkeys voting for Christmas any time soon.

My God, how does any Scottish team compete against that kind of money? What kind of wasteland has Pete and his crew led us in to?

The EPL does not need a 'big game' against Scotland's best. Why would any English team vote to allow any Scottish team into their leagues to possibly share a piece of that big a pie?

Talk about a reality check.

To be honest I think the rot set in before Lawell came in. When Sky called our bluff was when Scottish football collapsed.

To be honest I think the rot set in before Lawell came in. When Sky called our bluff was when Scottish football collapsed.

I wouldn't disagree with you on that, but remember Liewell and Reid have had input through Riley for a wheen of years.

My God, how does any Scottish team compete against that kind of money?

All Scottish teams combined couldn't compete with that but at the same time as even Barton touched on in his interview it's not just Scottish teams. The vast majority of the continent can't compete with it either and are looking for ways to even get a look in which is why we see all this Atlantic league stuff being bandied around.

And in the end it wont be up to English teams to decide who can be invited in for a cut of the pie the pay masters will decide that. That's one of the downsides of selling your soul to the devil.

Average attendances for the SPL 2015-2016 taking celtic out of the equation.

Heart of Midlothian FC - 16,423

Aberdeen FC - 13,094

Dundee United FC - 7,969

Dundee FC - 6,122

Motherwell FC - 4,912

Ross County FC - 4,034

Kilmarnock FC - 3,993

St. Johnstone FC - 3,880

Partick Thistle FC - 3,800

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - 3,754

Hamilton Academical FC - 3,027

So let's just go with that table with no old firm in it which would make for 5 matches on a Saturday and let's further give them the benefit of having all 5 of the top attended clubs at home which gives a total average attendance on an SPL Saturday with no old firm of 48,520 which Rangers can match all alone and those averages are padded by matches against celtic.

Whether the rest like it or not and whether they like to admit it or not the old firm ARE Scottish football so sky only need to get them on board at absolutely no extra cost to effectively buy Scotland in a footballing sense. Given the chance that's exactly what they will do by slipping them into the English setup at as I said absolutely no extra cost.

Average attendances for the SPL 2015-2016 taking celtic out of the equation.

Heart of Midlothian FC - 16,423

Aberdeen FC - 13,094

Dundee United FC - 7,969

Dundee FC - 6,122

Motherwell FC - 4,912

Ross County FC - 4,034

Kilmarnock FC - 3,993

St. Johnstone FC - 3,880

Partick Thistle FC - 3,800

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - 3,754

Hamilton Academical FC - 3,027

So let's just go with that table with no old firm in it which would make for 5 matches on a Saturday and let's further give them the benefit of having all 5 of the top attended clubs at home which gives a total average attendance on an SPL Saturday with no old firm of 48,520 which Rangers can match all alone and those averages are padded by matches against celtic.

Whether the rest like it or not and whether they like to admit it or not the old firm ARE Scottish football so sky only need to get them on board at absolutely no extra cost to effectively buy Scotland in a footballing sense. Given the chance that's exactly what they will do by slipping them into the English setup at as I said absolutely no extra cost.

I'd like to believe you JFK but Eufa are against cross-border leagues; how do we square that particular circle?