Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

It is true that the way that we are viewed by some will have an impact on the response but it's also incorrect to say that's the only reason. The SNP are inherently anti-Rangers. That's not to say that Rangers fans don't vote for them but it's also missing the point to ignore the reasons why the SNP don't have any prominent supporters of the biggest team in the country and why they have done nothing to support us in the current situation, bar some reluctant comment on condemning violence by some unnamed spokesman.

It may be a chicken and egg situation but the SNP had the opportunity to step up to the plate over the last week and failed miserably.

I don't believe the SNP are inherently anti-Rangers, no more than any other Scottish political party are. Rangers are not fashionable in political circles, as such there's little to be gained from politicians of any stripe publicly supporting them. That is an issue but i'm not sure that's the fault of the politicians.

When you say the SNP didn't support us in the current situation, what did you expect to happen? I mean Hibs fans have been arrested and charged it's not like nothing has happened. I personally would be against government getting involved and putting pressure on independent bodies.

I don't believe the SNP are inherently anti-Rangers, no more than any other Scottish political party are. Rangers are not fashionable in political circles, as such there's little to be gained from politicians of any stripe publicly supporting them. That is an issue but i'm not sure that's the fault of the politicians.

When you say the SNP didn't support us in the current situation, what did you expect to happen? I mean Hibs fans have been arrested and charged it's not like nothing has happened. I personally would be against government getting involved and putting pressure on independent bodies.

The SNP detest us because we're perceived as a unionist club.

When we were at our lowest not one MP from any political party stepped forward to assist in any way. There was a guy I think from N.Ireland who spoke out briefly but that was the sum total. There is no more hate for us from the SNP than from any other party. FFS think back just a few years to the scum in the labour party.

For all the unionist stuff I read on Rangers forums I can't think of any tory saying a single word in our defence or against any of the pillaging going on in our boardroom.

It serves no MP to come out and support Rangers. We've become toxic due not only because of Murrays legacy but also because of the dignified silence approach pushed for years and years. Until the current board with the fans support go on the attack at every opportunity against every slight we will remain outsiders to be mocked, derided and the subject of lies .

When we were at our lowest not one MP from any political party stepped forward to assist in any way. There was a guy I think from N.Ireland who spoke out briefly but that was the sum total. There is no more hate for us from the SNP than from any other party. FFS think back just a few years to the scum in the labour party.

For all the unionist stuff I read on Rangers forums I can't think of any tory saying a single word in our defence or against any of the pillaging going on in our boardroom.

It serves no MP to come out and support Rangers. We've become toxic due not only because of Murrays legacy but also because of the dignified silence approach pushed for years and years. Until the current board with the fans support go on the attack at every opportunity against every slight we will remain outsiders to be mocked, derided and the subject of lies .

We are also toxic because of the songs we keep spouting out. I have recently hardened my attitude to this and now firmly believe we must stop it to move forward. If we don't we lay ourselves wide open for haters to have a go at us. If we didn't sing the songs they wouldn't be able to criticise us for that. We need to accept that these songs are unacceptable to the vast majority of people. I am not being naive because I know they criticise us for many other things but I firmly believe we must make changes to our song book. Club 1872 should be looking at this.

We are also toxic because of the songs we keep spouting out. I have recently hardened my attitude to this and now firmly believe we must stop it to move forward. If we don't we lay ourselves wide open for haters to have a go at us. If we didn't sing the songs they wouldn't be able to criticise us for that. We need to accept that these songs are unacceptable to the vast majority of people. I am not being naive because I know they criticise us for many other things but I firmly believe we must make changes to our song book. Club 1872 should be looking at this.

Sorry BM but we have reached such a level of hatred that it doesn't matter what we do, the haters will still complain. When you get folk saying stuff like hokey cokey is sectarian, making up stories about grass cut to resemble a sash, or similar garbage and it's taken seriously then you get an idea of what's happening.

I would much rather the board said, "Feck you. We will sing and do what we want simply because others get away with it."

It doesn't matter what we sing or do, there'll still be complaints.

Tell you what though, any Scottish political party who thinks they can shun the vast Rangers support in this country is deluded.

They're throwing away a helluva lot of votes

I acknowledge that in my post. I know it won't stop a lot of things but it will stop criticism of one issue only which is constantly thrown in our faces. We could argue about the Hun word being used against us but currently that isn't possible.

I am of an age before political correctness outlawed the use of certain names to describe people of a different race or colour and these words are not longer in my vocabulary. To be absolutely honest I've never sung the offensive words in my life. By continuing to use these songs the club and supporters leave ourselves open to accusations of being in the dark ages and members of the flat earth society. I don't think this is the image we want for our club. I think we need to accept that times have changed. No whataboutery please. I am only concerned for the good name of one club. A move to totally outlaw these songs coming from the club would be very well received by most fair minded people.

I'm more concerned about the lack of condemnation from SPFL/SFA and Scottish Media sources than I am about whether a political party has any Rangers supporters within it because quite frankly its a red herring that is based in sheer conjecture.

For example the media are still reporting violence towards Rangers players and staff as 'alleged' when at least one Hibernian supporter has pleaded guilty and will be sentenced in July. Which changes alleged an 'accusation' to be answered to an answered conviction. It is no longer alleged that a Hibernian supporter entered the field of play and threatened, intimidated and assaulted a Rangers player. Its a fact that he did!

That's what we should be concentrating on.

Edited by Big Jaws

Wonder how the SFA investigation is coming along ? Seems to have gone a bit quiet does it not?

It will have to wait until the Motherwell fans pitch invasion from last year is dealt with first!