Dave King Fan Response #2 - Dealing With The Past

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-fan-response-2/

A number of questions were directed to me at gaining a better understanding of the risk that the Club continues to face with regard to the periods under the “stewardship” of Craig Whyte and Charles Green.

There is particular concern that the well-publicised criminal investigations into both individuals could contaminate the Club going forward.

I do not consider that the Club has any exposure to either of the named individuals whatsoever or to any legal proceedings – civil or criminal – that they are, or may become, involved in. Post regime change, the Club has fully cooperated with Police Scotland and provided valuable information and documents that had hitherto not been provided by the previous regime.

We have done this partly because it is our civic duty to do so, but also because the Club is a victim of elements of this past behaviour and, as I committed to supporters over a year ago, we are determined to hold accountable anyone who has knowingly damaged our Club.

The Club has nothing whatsoever to fear from any criminal trial running its course. What we will gain is simply the satisfaction that the rule of law has prevailed and that justice has been served. There will be no economic impact whatsoever.

The civil position is slightly different. It has also been publicised that the Club has recently taken legal action against Mike Ashley, Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge for their joint participation in a scheme to alienate assets of the Club for personal gain. I don’t want to comment on this matter in detail as it is sub judice.

There will clearly be legal costs to fund this application but I anticipate that it will lead to the double benefit of the Club being compensated for any wrongdoing and also gaining the satisfaction of holding people to account.

In the bigger picture none of this litigation is a major economic factor nor a major distraction to the management team in driving our football fortunes forward.

There will clearly be legal costs to fund this application but I anticipate that it will lead to the double benefit of the Club being compensated for any wrongdoing and also gaining the satisfaction of holding people to account.

The only individual named there with two pennies to rub together is Ashley. I cannot see Rangers getting any compensation out of Green, Ahmad or Stockbridge, whether this is awarded by the courts or not. However I would personally take great satisfaction from seeing all of the aforementioned sitting in jail!

The only individual named there with two pennies to rub together is Ashley. I cannot see Rangers getting any compensation out of Green, Ahmad or Stockbridge, whether this is awarded by the courts or not. However I would personally take great satisfaction from seeing all of the aforementioned sitting in jail!

If you honestly think that Green, Ahmad and Stockbridge are skint then I think you are sadly mistaken.

If you honestly think that Green, Ahmad and Stockbridge are skint then I think you are sadly mistaken.

I know they are not skint, but trying to get compensation from them will be virtually impossible. Are we going to go to Pakistan to get Ahmad to compensate us? Green and Stockbridge will have no assets to their name, all will be held in dubious off-shore holding companies, almost guaranteed.

I know they are not skint, but trying to get compensation from them will be virtually impossible. Are we going to go to Pakistan to get Ahmad to compensate us? Green and Stockbridge will have no assets to their name, all will be held in dubious off-shore holding companies, almost guaranteed.

Possibly, but there is no guarantee of that either.

Greens made millions recently. Ahmed too.

Greens made millions recently. Ahmed too.

Clearly.

In short order, Green seemed to go from having barely a piss pot to call his own, via a £20M public share offering at Rangers, to owning a substantial property in Normandy, and running a string of racehorses.

Clearly.

In short order, Green seemed to go from having barely a piss pot to call his own, via a £20M public share offering at Rangers, to owning a substantial property in Normandy, and running a string of racehorses.

We have to remember though he wasn't even taking a wage.:shifty: