Leigh Griffiths: Show me your caps Joey Barton

I think this is ludicrous given that he is comparing the Scotland caps of Brown to the one cap won by Barton for England.

“You know Barton has obviously got a mouth on him.

“How many caps has he got? Just the one for England?

“Broony has 50 for Scotland, he’s the captain of his national team, he’s won titles and he’s competed in the Champions League"

Seriously? How many caps would "Broony" have if he were English and not Scottish and how many times would he have competed in the Champions league if playing at his natural level in the EPL which most certainly isn't top 4 and possibly not even EPL.

LEIGH GRIFFITHS has slapped down mouthy Rangers star Joey Barton.

Incoming Ibrox midfielder Barton recently dismissed Celtic skipper Scott Brown, claiming he isn’t in the same league as him.

But Hoops hitman Griff hit back last night and told Barton that Broony’s club and international career outshines his.

He said: “You know Barton has obviously got a mouth on him.

“How many caps has he got? Just the one for England?

“Broony has 50 for Scotland, he’s the captain of his national team, he’s won titles and he’s competed in the Champions League.

“It’s up to Barton to say what he wants, but look at Broony’s CV.

“Now look at Barton’s CV and everything he’s done in his career.

“Compare the two CVs together. I’m pretty sure I know who I would pick.

“Scott’s done it at the very top level of the game, for club and country.

“If Barton wants to come up here and disrespect him, Broony being Broony will take that in his stride.

“The first Old Firm game at Celtic Park will be interesting.”

Barton was Rangers’ main summer signing as Mark Warburton looks to launch a title bid.

But Griffiths has warned Celtic will push for six in a row under new boss Brendan Rodgers.

He said: “The way the boys are thinking, and the way the manager wants to play, if it goes the way we want, we’ll just blow teams away.

“Do I pay attention to other teams? Honestly, I tend to concentrate on what we do.”

Celtic face Slovenian champs Olimpic Ljubljana in a friendly tonight, with Mikael Lustig back from Euro 2016 duty and Efe Ambrose having joined the squad after a visa delay.

Scotland? England? No contest! - Barton? Broon? Were you on the bevy last night Griffiths?

Robby Langers won 73 caps for Luxembourg. You never heard of him? I don't know why because he is obviously a far better player than Joey Barton. Right? Apply the logic of that intellectual giant Leigh Griffiths.