Motherwell next week.

Where does it say that? It says as preparation for the opening league match. The priority for the season is the league.

In some ways this may actually be an ideal situation for his preparation given that these league cup matches have a competitive edge leading up to a match with Burnley who are EPL opposition and when we are likely to see the full first 11 before our opening league game."

that's where it says it

In some ways this may actually be an ideal situation for his preparation given that these league cup matches have a competitive edge leading up to a match with Burnley who are EPL opposition and when we are likely to see the full first 11 before our opening league game."

that's where it says it

Well if that's what you read into it i'm surprised thay anyone would think that anyone at all would suggest a pre season is all about preparation for a friendly. But if to you it appears to be that way I apologise for not being succinct enough.

If I must clarify here it is. I don't give a toss about any friendly match beyond perhaps ramifications regarding confidence/morale.

It's ALL about preparation for the league.

Well if that's what you read into it i'm surprised thay anyone would think that anyone at all would suggest a pre season is all about preparation for a friendly. But if to you it appears to be that way I apologise for not being succinct enough.

If I must clarify here it is. I don't give a toss about any friendly match beyond perhaps ramifications regarding confidence/morale.

It's ALL about preparation for the league.

Of course the league is priority but where we are at present the two cups are important too. We've not won any major honours since 2011.

I'm more than a little concerned that our first competitive match is next Saturday & our preparations for it aren't what they might be

Of course the league is priority but where we are at present the two cups are important too. We've not won any major honours since 2011.

I'm more than a little concerned that our first competitive match is next Saturday & our preparations for it aren't what they might be

I would pretty much agree with you but it is what it is and it is and it is what we have to contend with. And given that it is what it is and it's what we have to work with don't you think that it then may be argued that competitive matches are ideal preparation for the priority of the first league match?

I would pretty much agree with you but it is what it is and it is and it is what we have to contend with. And given that it is what it is and it's what we have to work with don't you think that it then may be argued that competitive matches are ideal preparation for the priority of the first league match?

I'd agree mostly but think we could better prepared for Saturday's game against Motherwell.

For revenue purposes alone we cannot dismiss the LC. A decent run to the final could bring in a much needed couple of million. Until we get back into Europe we need all the revenue we can get.

I'd agree mostly but think we could better prepared for Saturday's game against Motherwell.

For revenue purposes alone we cannot dismiss the LC. A decent run to the final could bring in a much needed couple of million. Until we get back into Europe we need all the revenue we can get.

I would be more than surprised if we didn't qualify from the group. The team he fields wont be the new first 11 as he has already stated but is likely to be at least as strong as last years first 11 and may even be stronger in each succeeding match as he gives everyone a run.