Jordan Rossiter Playing For England On Tuesday

Anyone else watching this. Stuck in a Copenhagen hotel room with only German speaking Eurosport available I have watched from the 55 min mark and the first thing that stands out is just how poor the quality on show is. Neither side can pass, tackle, head the ball.

As for our boy, lots of talking to his team mates to cajole them on, you can tell he has captained sides through his youth. Position ally playing centre mid, not really protecting the defence and not creating anything but lots of energy. Has missed 7 out of 8 attempted tackles but passing has been accurate if simple.

20 mins in a game this poor is no judge but I think those like me that thought this tournament would ensure he hits the ground running when he returns are going to be wrong. He will need time.

I watched the first 20mins or so and he seemed neat and tidy on the ball and played some nice passes through the right channel for the winger/full-back.

Did get pulled out of position once or twice as well though so it wasn't all good.

He didn't captain the side either as I think has been suggested previously.

I watched the first half, I concur the overall standard wasn't very good. But I felt Jordan had a good game. He can get stuck into the challenges and wins them fairly also, can pass the ball about nicely as well.

The boy definitely is a holding midfielder to play in front of the back 4.

I watched the first half, I concur the overall standard wasn't very good. But I felt Jordan had a good game. He can get stuck into the challenges and wins them fairly also, can pass the ball about nicely as well.

The boy definitely is a holding midfielder to play in front of the back 4.

He certainly seemed to play a protective role but his passing was quite good when he did push forward. He should learn a lot from Barton and won't it be refreshing to have two such players (plus Crooks) instead of centre-halves playing farther forward.

He certainly seemed to play a protective role but his passing was quite good when he did push forward. He should learn a lot from Barton and won't it be refreshing to have two such players (plus Crooks) instead of centre-halves playing farther forward.

As long as it stops Wilson playing long passes i'm happy..... I think with Rossiter's role i'd like to see him go no further than around the centre circle in the opposition half. Unless we are in complete control.

As long as it stops Wilson playing long passes i'm happy..... I think with Rossiter's role i'd like to see him go no further than around the centre circle in the opposition half. Unless we are in complete control.

Agreed.

FWIW, I can't see us playing Rossiter and Barton in every game. Perhaps more often than not (and especially at home) it will be one or the other with two from Kranjcar, Windass and Holt.

Agreed.

FWIW, I can't see us playing Rossiter and Barton in every game. Perhaps more often than not (and especially at home) it will be one or the other with two from Kranjcar, Windass and Holt.

I'd go with that. As much as Warburton doesn't like to say it, he does like a bit of rotation throughout the season.