[FT] Rangers 2 (McKay 29; Waghorn 74) - 0 Annan Athletic

As expected Annan have sat in very deep which hasn't made it easy to break them down but we've been neat and tidy whilst creating a variety of decent opportunities.

McKay with a great strike for the goal. Hodson, Kranjcar and Windass all impressing also.

Despite the opposition... I have ZERO doubts that Niko Kranjcar is going to be an absolute revelation in this league. Absolute quality every time he touches the ball.

And as I said after the Charleston Battery game.... I think we've won a watch with Windass.

Edited by craig

As expected Annan have sat in very deep which hasn't made it easy to break them down but we've been neat and tidy whilst creating a variety of decent opportunities.

McKay with a great strike for the goal. Hodson, Kranjcar and Windass all impressing also.

Agreed on all counts. Hodson, on current showing, could very well challenge Tav for that RB slot. Looks to get forward, happy to have a go and has had 3 or 4 efforts of his own in 45 minutes. Opposition needs to be accounted for admittedly.

Well, it is a essentially a friendly against a low key team, but also a good test against another brick wall with new players. Methinks Annan got out of their half about a couple of times during the first half, and essentially none of our players have been below what we expected.

Despite the opposition... I have ZERO doubts that Niko Kranjcar is going to be an absolute revelation in this league. Absolute quality every time he touches the ball.

And as I said after the Charleston Battery game.... I think we've won a watch with Windass.

It's all about getting him up to match speed,his quality is never in doubt