Ryan Hardie moves to St Mirren on loan

... that will be him and Tom Walsh under the careful eye of ex-Ger Alex Rae. Hm ...

While I like him and hope that we'll see him in a blue gersey one day, the gut feeling says that he'll be let go rather than become a first team feature. Methinks he was reported as saying that he hopes for some playing time against Stranraer tonight.

Can't see our academy U20s getting much of a look in again this season. I think Liam Burt is the only home grown teenager left in the main squad. Maybe Jordan Thomson and Jordan Rossiter will get more of a chance as they were actually brought in by the manager.

Can't see our academy U20s getting much of a look in again this season. I think Liam Burt is the only home grown teenager left in the main squad. Maybe Jordan Thomson and Jordan Rossiter will get more of a chance as they were actually brought in by the manager.

I hope Jordan Thompson gets a decent opportunity as I think we have a really good player in the making.

Looking at the squad, I actually don't think Thomson will get much game time - he has 8 players ahead of him for 3 places.

I think there is a clue in the squad numbers, and if you have 30 or over, you're not going to feature more than a couple of times (except for Waghorn as he doesn't want to change from 33...)

That gives us a more tangible squad of 21 core players with about 6 fringe youngsters and 3 out on loan.

It's 2 keepers, 6 defenders, 8 midfielders, and 5 forwards, and so you can see why Warbs wants to bring in one more defender and striker - which agrees with what some of us said a while back.

Must admit, I'd like someone new to partner Hill and another to take the centre forward position - of better quality than we have. I think Waggy is probably better used on the right, McKay is a shoe in on the left, and only see Miller as an occasional start with a lot of sub appearances. Dodoo could be that guy, but I was hoping for a bit more experience; I think he's someone to develop in the next couple of seasons.

I had feared as much for Hardie. I would have much preferred to see him in the team (or even matchday squad) ahead of the truly awful Miller, who again had a couple of bad misses on Friday and is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Good luck to the lad, but I fear Warburton has already decided he doesnt fancy him.