Scott Brown doesn't believe Rangers can challenge his Celtic team for the title

When he was younger, he was adept at finding space and making forward runs. He's never been a goalscorer so perhaps that's why Celtic moved him back into defensive midfield but his positioning is more suspect there and he's not good enough on the ball to play the holding role effectively.

Like you say he's extremely over-rated and it stuns me that he's been captain of Celtic and Scotland for so long.

Oh he would run all day into space for sure. But what's the point if you can't create or score.

Today Rodgers talked about how he didn't appreciate how good he is tactically! Well, he must be good at something because sure as hell he can't pass, time a tackle properly or even pop up with the occasional goal. He epitomises everything that is bad about Scottish football; he should be nowhere near the Scotland squad now and if Strachan prefers him to Darren Fletcher we're doomed.

He is excellent at giving Assists. He set Miller up perfectly.:)

When he was younger, he was adept at finding space and making forward runs. He's never been a goalscorer so perhaps that's why Celtic moved him back into defensive midfield but his positioning is more suspect there and he's not good enough on the ball to play the holding role effectively.

Like you say he's extremely over-rated and it stuns me that he's been captain of Celtic and Scotland for so long.

He is, for me, the epitome of someone who punches well above their weight.

Not trying to disrespect him at all but the very notion that Scott Brown not only gets 25k a week but is also the national team captain is vomit-inducing. He really is the type who wouldn't stand out in a Sunday pub team, IMHO. Can't pass, can't shoot, doesn't score, gets caught out with poor "pitch geography" (love that term) and quite often becomes more of a hindrance than a help to his team due to his hot-headedness and need to act like the playground bully, thus getting pulled all over the place as he chases players AND ball.

I wish when I was younger I had stuck with the game.... Scott Brown is another player who wouldn't have been able to lace my boots when I was younger :D

GS is right, his physical attributes are what ensured he has had made a more than decent living from the game - one of the current RFC coaching employees used to play with Brown at Hibs and he said that Brown could run all day long - by far the fittest player he had ever played with. The problem with that is that as you age it becomes less likely you can do it for 90 minutes. The other problem with it is that as the game progresses through sports science your individual fitness and stamina don't propel you above others as much as previously i.e. many pro's can go 90 minutes having done a half marathon these days so Brown's fitness doesn't stick out like it would have 15 yrs ago.