Scott Brown doesn't believe Rangers can challenge his Celtic team for the title

Season 2014/15 Aberdeen come second trailing 17 points behind.

Season 2015/16 Aberdeen come second trailing 15 points behind. Great challenge.

Presumably Brown thinks reducing the deficit from 17 points to 15 makes for a great challenge. Broonie logic.

Frankly I couldn't care what Brown thinks. He is a third rate player whose opinions matter not a jot.

It's up to ourselves to ensure we challenge and I believe we will.

It's not exactly the EPL or La Liga we're playing in.

Frankly I couldn't care what Brown thinks. He is a third rate player whose opinions matter not a jot.

It's up to ourselves to ensure we challenge and I believe we will.

It's not exactly the EPL or La Liga we're playing in.

Totally agree that anything Broon has to say is meaningless and too many are reading too much into a friendly match with EPL Burnley deploying a multi million pound striker who was on fire.

We're competing in the SPL, a league where a bunch of the teams in it recently struggled against lower league opposition while we blew such opposition away as if it wasn't there.

A league in which ALL of the Euro entrants struggled against less than sterling European opposition and two in particular incurred losses to opponents from micro nations and there is a significant chance that none of them will make it beyond the qualifying stages of their respective competitions.

As far as I can see the only major difference between the bulk of the SPL and the Championship is that some SPL teams may have one or two individuals of a significantly higher standard than the championship but all in all it's not a massive step up.

The vast majority of that SPL wont be able to live with us and the few regarded as contenders aside from one will be every bit as inconsistent this year as they were last while I believe we will show more consistency than they can.

Our team is still bedding in and working up to optimal fitness and sharpness while by all accounts the squad isn't even completed yet so we still don't know how good this team can be. A single addition can make a massive difference to a team.

All we need to do is beat SPL opposition starting with Hamilton on Saturday and THAT will be the REAL mark of where we stand. It's going to be interesting to see how Hamilton set out their stall. Park the bus like the typical championship scenario? Try to play? I hope so.

Rangers 3 - Hamilton 0 and Rangers top the league on GD on day one.

Totally agree that anything Broon has to say is meaningless and too many are reading too much into a friendly match with EPL Burnley deploying a multi million pound striker who was on fire.

We're competing in the SPL, a league where a bunch of the teams in it recently struggled against lower league opposition while we blew such opposition away as if it wasn't there.

A league in which ALL of the Euro entrants struggled against less than sterling European opposition and two in particular incurred losses to opponents from micro nations and there is a significant chance that none of them will make it beyond the qualifying stages of their respective competitions.

As far as I can see the only major difference between the bulk of the SPL and the Championship is that some SPL teams may have one or two individuals of a significantly higher standard than the championship but all in all it's not a massive step up.

The vast majority of that SPL wont be able to live with us and the few regarded as contenders aside from one will be every bit as inconsistent this year as they were last while I believe we will show more consistency than they can.

Our team is still bedding in and working up to optimal fitness and sharpness while by all accounts the squad isn't even completed yet so we still don't know how good this team can be. A single addition can make a massive difference to a team.

All we need to do is beat SPL opposition starting with Hamilton on Saturday and THAT will be the REAL mark of where we stand. It's going to be interesting to see how Hamilton set out their stall. Park the bus like the typical championship scenario? Try to play? I hope so.

Rangers 3 - Hamilton 0 and Rangers top the league on GD on day one.

I agree with you except lesser teams than Burnley have exposed our frailties in defence and that is what worries me.

I agree with you except lesser teams than Burnley have exposed our frailties in defence and that is what worries me.

And I totally agree with you but there are no lesser teams in the SPL with anything approaching the quality of an Andre Gray.

There are factions who may try to argue Griffiths is of that standard to which I would reply if that were the case he wouldn't have been offloaded by Wolves to Scotland and would be in the EPL potentially making as much money a year as he will for the entire term of a contract where he is.

I'm definitely not disagreeing that there is an issue to be addressed but the latest news infers they're trying as hard as they can to address it and as I previously said a single player can make a massive difference to a team. Here's hoping because I would see us going a long way if that particular issue could be addressed and a very long way if an out and out striker were also added even though we can't actually tell yet if Dodoo may possibly prove to be that striker.

There are a number of dearly held secrets in Denmark :

1. the recipe for Spam.

2. that eating lego is addictive.

Scott aspired to the former, whilst succumbing to the latter.

Well at least he elevated himself to olympic standard staring levels. Would love to get them somewhere along the line in the league cup and see him try to pull that stare on Joey Barton during a handshaking walk.

I would assume any hack, reporter and footballer has an opinionon this topic. You'd hope we don't debate all of them, since the arguments will essentially be the same and more often than not, the person voicing an opinion is not worth a second thought.