Celtic's Scott Allan close to joining Rotherham on loan

Is SA wise enough to realise he got used in liewell's wee game?

Don't think so. He could well have sat it out at the time and stayed with Hibs, but essentially a couple of days after the Yahoos made their interest known, he was up there and signing.

Hibs faux-claim that they "would not strengthen" their league rivals was a very hollow one, as they bought and sold players from rivals clubs to their hearts' content.

Scott Allan has potentially ruined his career or was naively inveigled into doing so. There can be no argument that going to Rangers would have been the very best thing for him at the time. He's not a boy anymore, I think he's around 24 now and should be approaching the peak of his career instead of which his actions have brought it to a stall point.

Scott Allan has potentially ruined his career or was naively inveigled into doing so. There can be no argument that going to Rangers would have been the very best thing for him at the time. He's not a boy anymore, I think he's around 24 now and should be approaching the peak of his career instead of which his actions have brought it to a stall point.

Whilst I have very little desire to defend Scott Allan and he probably also was poorly advised.... I think that Celtic's part in this has been all too often forgotten. They will defend themselves by arguing that they believes Scott Allan was ready to be a 1st team player for them and that it didn't turn out as planned. But to any neutral observer it could easily be portrayed as simply flexing their superior financial muscle over their arch-enemies (and a Club they have always had an inferiority complex about) to simply say "look at us, we took a player you really wanted because we have more financial strength than you do" - akin to the playground bully.

The amount of game time that Scott Allan actually saw for Celtic would suggest that he was highly unlikely to be considered a 1st team player for them last year. So, in essence, Celtic took a promising player that they didn't need and had little intention of using in order to merely play a game of on-upmanship. Appalling behavior IMHO, especially when you consider a talented young player who ends up sitting in the stands for no good reason.

Stubbs, too, should be taking a look at himself as should Hibs. Although I can actually understand the Hibs position as they fully believed that they could finish above us in the league and selling their prize-asset to their nearest rivals would clearly have hindered that attempt (had Hibs sold Allan to us it would have been akin to Dundee Utd selling their two best players to Celtic in January a couple of years ago - how did that work out for you Steven Thompson.....).

All in all Hibs, Celtic and Stubbs conspired to harm Rangers by not allowing him to move to us. The reality is that the only people to suffer are Scott Allan himself and Celtic who are lumbered with his salary whilst he isn't getting any game time. Rangers won the league at a canter without Scott Allan and have strengthened further. Their attempts to hurt us failed. Their attempts to hurt us only hurt Scott Allan. And Scott Allan loses out the most because he is a player who I think Mark Warburton could have enhanced his potential considerably.

Personally, I just prefer to move on from this sorry saga of last year.

I was told Deila never spoke to SA until eight days after he signed. He never wanted him.

Few would argue with that. Deila was never the conductor of his own orchestra.

The Scott Allan was a blatant Celtic GIRUY to Rangers - sadly for Scott Allan he was merely an expendable pawn. What they didn't know then was that their GIRUY would backfire as we still secured promotion, whilst they were lumbered with whatever salary they offered him.

Few would argue with that. Deila was never the conductor of his own orchestra.

The Scott Allan was a blatant Celtic GIRUY to Rangers - sadly for Scott Allan he was merely an expendable pawn. What they didn't know then was that their GIRUY would backfire as we still secured promotion, whilst they were lumbered with whatever salary they offered him.

Stubs will pay them a million for him.