To be a Rangers fan is to be sectarian?

After the events of the weekend it it as now simple as that?

Union flags removed; 'tim' now the new ******; daft songs about politician's wives condemned; 'Dambusters' offensive to a Japanese player; culminating in 5 Rangers fans being arrested and countless warned.

Meanwhile the opposition fans have offensive flags claiming we are sub-human, flags remembering terrorists, banners with politicial rebels of the past; continue to use the word 'hun' whenever and wherever they like and none of their fans are arrested.

Are we really being paranoid in thinking our behaviour is being constantly highlighted and punished whilst others (particularly Celtic fans) is ignored?

Obviously my thread title is a sensationalist one but it is all that inaccurate?

Unfortunately I think you're right Frankie. I couldn't believe the stories about what some people were being warned about and ejected for doing.

The problem is of course, that unless our club speaks out in the strongest terms possible, the general (footballing) public will never be educated and become aware of this, so we'll just come across as being as paranoid as fans of certain other clubs.

On this sort of related note, I also think its time that our club came out and backed us over what songs we can sing. Every week, whether its in the newspaper or from other fans, I hear people moaning about the songs we're singing. Now, I could be wrong, but I was on the understanding that our songs, apart from the Billy Boys, were cleared, on the basis that they were folk songs. So wtf does the club put up with the media going on and on about them week in, week out?

note the disproportionate amount of coverage on supposed sectarianism versus a fifty man riot in london after the chelsea spurs game.

It's what Joke and his cohorts want.

Go on about a non(or minimal issue) to hide the bigger problems of poverty, health and crime which his administration will not address.

It is actually scary how backward society is in Scotland with this issue. We've lost this battle before its started.

I dont know where it all begins, (stop me if im going off topic here) but it seems that we are disliked simply because we fly a Union Jack and then it elaborates from there.

But the problem stems with the rest. They see us as Pro-England and Anti-Scotland so IMO they are really the ones who have a problem as they are so anti England.

Im saying this because ive experienced first hand abuse and assumptions from Aberdeen fans (I can only use them as a personal experience).

They are so narrow minded in this situation. If they took 5 seconds out to realise that this UJ actually represents them also.

After this they will try and score points off us with anything and little things become offence.

Im interested about the 5 arrests from last sunday and what the charges actually are?

But the media would be nowhere without us as they make there pennies by manipulating others about us - its a sad case of what they read they take for gospel!

When I continually highlight the ills of living in Scotland, I am tagged as 'anti-Scottish'. Hopefully Frankie's brilliant post highlighting the fact that Jhoke and his rebel loving scumbags (as that is what they are, he shares an office with an ex-ira supporting flute band member who still has his 'political tattoos') will use any excuse to deflect from what a shitey little country this has become.

He and his rebel loving scumbags are more than happy to use their anti-Presbyterian agenda to show us, the majority as the big bad bigots. Never mind tackling the overcrowded prisons, the overwork courts, the drug and drink culture that is crippling the NHS. Never mind tackling the racism, the crime rate and the knife and gun culture. No, lets focus on those big bad Rangers supporters.

And guess what, at the next election, those same big bad Rangers supporters will trot of to the polling stations in their droves and put an HUGE BIG 'X' against the monkey that is standing for Labour.

We are the only ones that can change this country and we can only change it but voting these frookers out. We can change it by claiming back 'the working mans party'. But like changing Rangers, not that many of us actually care.

Cammy F - Cynical and Controversial Loyal RSC.

It is actually scary how backward society is in Scotland with this issue. We've lost this battle before its started.

I dont know where it all begins, (stop me if im going off topic here) but it seems that we are disliked simply because we fly a Union Jack and then it elaborates from there.

But the problem stems with the rest. They see us as Pro-England and Anti-Scotland so IMO they are really the ones who have a problem as they are so anti England.

Im saying this because ive experienced first hand abuse and assumptions from Aberdeen fans (I can only use them as a personal experience).

They are so narrow minded in this situation. If they took 5 seconds out to realise that this UJ actually represents them also.

After this they will try and score points off us with anything and little things become offence.

Im interested about the 5 arrests from last sunday and what the charges actually are?

But the media would be nowhere without us as they make there pennies by manipulating others about us - its a sad case of what they read they take for gospel!

Without Scotland there is no Britain. Without the saltire there is no Union Flag.

Gribz, there is more to their hatrid. This and my last post may sound like paranoid ramblings, but they hate everything we stand for. The hate the Union, the hate the fact that we advocate free thinking on all subjects and whilst being christian (small c) we will not be dictated to from a wee man in a funny hat.

I have just resigned from a job that I had (many reasons) and I am seriously thinking for moving abroad rather than stay in a country that is being run by a 'Church' who see me as a bigot just because I don't agree with their 'thinkings'.

Cammy F