When does the trend get worrying?

Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't that 5 league matches in succession (4 in the Championship) that we have failed to record a victory? Add the Scottish Cup debacle to that it it all points to a worrying statistic for me. Talk is becoming very cheap - "nobody is hurting more than us", "the lads have had heated discussions", etc etc.

I wouldn't change the current management team for anyone at the moment, but at what point does it become an issue that something is amiss and the dressing room message is not getting home?

It's a worrying statistic however it is only that, a statistic. I feel the team should Judged on this season as to be fair everyone shut off after the league was won last year and at the SC final we had a Skelton staff on show. If we are still struggling after five games in then we have a problem I would imagine.

I fully expect a good result tomorrow night and a commanding performance that should help build some confidence.

I feel the team should Judged on this season as to be fair everyone shut off after the league was won last year..........

I would normally agree, but the statement back then from management was "we will make sure that the season doesn't end in a whimper. I won't accept that". if the players didn't feel the need to heed that, then its worrying for me.

Edited by Anchorman

The "trend" started when the league was won ... and we did not happen to get into motion at the cup final at all, which I put on the players' rather than the management's door (even though that was not allowed to do under McCoist). It discontinued in pre-season and we have now exactly one league game under our belt and are very much in the trial and error phase of finding our best formation. That is my way of looking at it and I doubt that we will hit top form leaguewise before the month is out.

If one stares long enough into the abyss, the abyss will stare back. We say it day in and day out with regard to our defence, who has been put under the microscope far beyond necessity. We know that they are no world-beaters, we know that they will make the odd (and costly) mistake, but as long as we can't change it, why piling on the misery on each and everyone time and again? Saying it a dozen times more will not make it go away.

Edited by der Berliner

The "trend" started when the league was won ... and we did not happen to get into motion at the cup final at all, which I put on the players' rather than the management's door (even though that was not allowed to do under McCoist). It discontinued in pre-season and we have now exactly one league game under our belt and are very much in the trial and error phase of finding our best formation. That is my way of looking at it and I doubt that we will hit top form leaguewise before the month is out.

If one stares long enough into the abyss, the abyss will stare back. We say it day in and day out with regard to our defence, who has been put under the microscope far beyond necessity. We know that they are no world-beaters, we know that they will make the odd (and costly) mistake, but as long as we can't change it, why piling on the misery on each and everyone time and again? Saying it a dozen times more will not make it go away.

They don't need to be world beaters although it would be nice if they were, but they don't even get as far as Hamilton. Hamilton beaters would even have been a start.