Preston statement regarding Joe Garner

On Saturday afternoon SPL side Rangers announced the signing of Joe Garner from North End.

As of just before kick-off at Loftus Road, the club were yet to receive any paperwork from the Glasgow club.

It is expected that the completion of all necessary forms and international clearance will be concluded over the weekend.

Once the transfer is full complete, full details, reaction and a look back to Joe's career with his boyhood club will be available on PNE.Com.

Oh noo!!!!!

Strap yourselves in for some utterly pointless headlines from the Scottish media - much like the Lescott deal - with some well-thought tit-for-tat argumentation from one side or another. It must be freakingly hard to earn your money in the Scottish sports media these days.

Preston have posted a new statement.

Joe Garner has completed a permanent transfer to SPFL side Rangers for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old who had scored 57 goals in 151 appearances for the Lilywhites signs a three-year deal at Ibrox.

Signed at Deepdale in the January of 2013, the former North End No.14 became a fans’ favourite with his wholehearted style.

A PNE fan growing up he played a big part in the promotion back to the Championship, winning the League One player of the year for 2015 and the goal of the year for his Play-Off semi-final strike against Rotherham United in 2014.

The Lilywhites reluctantly accepted Rangers’ offer for the player after he indicated his desire to make the move to the Scottish giant and the deal was finalised on Monday afternoon when paperwork was received.

Speaking after everything had gone through Joe said: “I would like to thank all the staff, players and fans for their support during my time at the club. The manager put a lot of faith in me and I am grateful to him and all the staff for their help in developing me further as a player.

“All the team-mates I have played with at PNE are top lads and I know they will do great things at Deepdale.

“It was a very hard decision for me to leave, if only because of the amazing backing I have had from the fans. They took me to their hearts and I couldn’t have asked for any more and I leave with some amazing memories; not least the promotion at Wembley, which was as special for every fan as it was for the players, staff and myself.

“Thank you again – I will always follow the club and wish everyone at Deepdale the very best for the future.”

You can watch a compilation of Joe's goals for North End in the video below.

My first post, just a comment really so .... It seems that PNE as a club, their manager, and the fans are very, very sorry to see Joe Garner go. Going by his You Tube clips coupled with their sorrow I feel he is going to be massive for us. The real fearless centre forward we haven't had for a very long time. He's a player who really excites me already.

My first post, just a comment really so .... It seems that PNE as a club, their manager, and the fans are very, very sorry to see Joe Garner go. Going by his You Tube clips coupled with their sorrow I feel he is going to be massive for us. The real fearless centre forward we haven't had for a very long time. He's a player who really excites me already.

Despite some reservations among them that Garner didn't do the business for them last season he's an iconic figure because he is a local boy who grew up supporting the club and was instrumental in getting them promotion to the Championship which is just one step away from the promised land.

Add to that the fact he's let's say an eccentric character onfield as we're about to discover and that all adds up to their feelings of regret that he is gone. A bunch of them are now placing bets that he will be highest scorer in the SPL while others want to acquire a ticket to see him play at Ibrox.

Welcome mate. I am not really sure what to think yet as 57 goals in 151 games is just short of 1 goal per 3 games which is not that great for a striker. He is 28 and I wonder what his scoring average is overall. I will judge him on what he does for us though.

Welcome to Gersnet mate. Good to see a positive first post too. I agree I think we are all intrigued to see what Garner can add to our attacking threat

Welcome mate. I am not really sure what to think yet as 57 goals in 151 games is just short of 1 goal per 3 games which is not that great for a striker. He is 28 and I wonder what his scoring average is overall. I will judge him on what he does for us though.

Yip agree Pete,i dont think anybody really knows what we have here,the boy could be anything,we will just have to wait and see.

Hes certainly created a real sense of intrigue.I wish him all the luck in the world.If he stays central he should be just fine.