Scotland squad to face Malta

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Celtic) Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Defenders

Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town) Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers) Grant Hanley (Newcastle United) Alan Hutton (Aston Villa)Russell Martin (Norwich City)Callum Paterson (Heart of Midlothian)Andrew Robertson (Hull City)Kieran Tierney (Celtic)

Midfielders

Ikechi Anya (Watford)Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest)Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion)James Forrest (Celtic) James McArthur (Crystal Palace)Kevin McDonald (Fulham)John McGinn (Hibernian)Barrie McKay (Rangers)James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United)Robert Snodgrass (Hull City)

Forwards

Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)Chris Martin (Derby County)Steven Naismith (Norwich City)

Edited by ian1964

That must be the worst Scotland squad I've ever witnessed.

No, broonaldo has retired.

Wonder if Wallace has told Strachan not to bother selecting him? Can't think of any other reason not to. Lee and Barrie are a great pairing who like to get forward.

I've also lost all faith in Strachan. Seeing the likes of NI, Iceland, Wales and ROI qualify and then perform well (to varying degrees) at the Euros, with squads that don't seem to me to be that much better, if at all, was not pleasant to see.

Also, I cannot fathom why he continually refuses to pick McCormack or Rhodes. Based on transfer values alone, two of our best players. Rhodes in particular, we are told, doesn't fit well into our system. This just underlines his belligerence for me - I'd rather he found the best system to suit our strengths rather than dogmatically stick to a system that hasn't worked and sidelines some of our better players.

I've also lost all faith in Strachan. Seeing the likes of NI, Iceland, Wales and ROI qualify and then perform well (to varying degrees) at the Euros, with squads that don't seem to me to be that much better, if at all, was not pleasant to see.

Also, I cannot fathom why he continually refuses to pick McCormack or Rhodes. Based on transfer values alone, two of our best players. Rhodes in particular, we are told, doesn't fit well into our system. This just underlines his belligerence for me - I'd rather he found the best system to suit our strengths rather than dogmatically stick to a system that hasn't worked and sidelines some of our better players.

Totally agreed. Even if Rhodes 'isn't his style' then at least pick him as he offers something totally different and is a proven goal scorer.